Do men have less pressure when it comes to looks

Do men have less pressure when it comes to looks I mean when you see women on TV they look prefect , but men not necessarily look any better. Do women have more pressure to look good or is it equal for both sexes opinions please

Most Helpful Guy

• I never tought about it but yea some guys wear makeup (god help them if they use lipstick and bigger eyelashes and spend hours on a tiny bit) so its pretty much the same for both men and women

But in my opinion a woman has more pressure as she is pressured to look at her best while men don't have that kind of competition of looks

Basicly in my opinion women fight unconsiously with their looks while men fight with their fists and words :/

What Guys Said 9

• I think that both have there weakness but I don't think they are to different. guys like me can wake up with an aftershave look and women dig it still dirty work clothes still digging right .lol but I think a girl looks her best in the morning before the make up and all. the media forces you guys to look so damn good all the time. but just like women getting all dolled up there are guys who spend more time in the shower and but on smelly products and looks at himself more than anyone else. and you got your rough chicks that don't wear make up or anything to heighten there looks and some are real beauty as hell those tom boys XD I think its pretty fair cause we have guys that get more pressured than women and vise versa. some guys and gals are just born gorgeous and don't seem to work so hard but I bet they do on both sides, women may have a slight bit harder because a work uniform or dress shirt and a hair cut gets you fresh I have no idea what all goes on for women getting rdy or looking good but that margin jumps higher cause of heels cause I gotta congratulate women on that especially if you like them and there comfortable

• Ya, we certainly have less pressure but I'm not sure by how much. From the questions I've read on GAG and my limited personal experience, girls want guys to put a similar amount of committment into looks as they do, which means guys are pressured into looking like GQ or MensHealth models and you constantly hear how girls are attracted to guys in suits, polo shirts, etc. Then there's the weight-lifting magazines that advertise all the protein-supplements so guys can get all jacked. However, one only has to look at all the clothing stores and products for girls versus guys to see who has more pressure on them.

• Even in the church it's about looks. This happens in the Vatican: link link

• Less, yes. But it's still significant, and increasing.

• Increasing it is...it seems like there are SO MANY MORE guys that are self-conscious about their bodies nowadays.

• Natural outcome of young women focusing more on short term relationships and nominally focusing less on income etc.

• Men DEFINITELY feel pressure to look good...but I must admit that the pressure to look good is definitely more intense on the female gender.

• No, girls are always looking so good that they get so many guys competing for them and they want to look better than the others

• I think it's equal for both sexes. It's just that some of guys' fashions and style tastes are bad.

• Who spends more time in front of the mirror? lol obviously.

• No, there are different standards.

What Girls Said 6

• i think men are under pressure to look good too. I just feel like for women it's more "up in our faces" you know? but I also know, men are more likely to be attracted to women based on their appearance and women are more likely to be attracted to men for their personality (I read this in some psychological study so I'm not just making it up! haha). so when it comes down to it, I think that's why us women often feel more pressure.

• Yea, I always wondered about it, and I guess your right. Girls just need to be pretty or well kept lol. I am, and I wonder why nobody ever asks me out, but then I realize it would be difficult , knowing I am almost all the time at home.

• I think so. Besides going to the gym and occasionally shaving some skin on their face I don't see what major beauty treatments they have to complete in order to be defined as beautiful in this society.

• I think everyone is pressured to look good.

It has more to do with this celebrity-obsessed plastic surgery hungry society than gender, in my opinion.

• yes. girls are expected to be beautiful and prefect and men can be just...blah and it would be ok

• No, I think it's equal for both sexes.