Should there be a "no makeup day"?

There was someone who brought up the argument to me a while back. One day out of the year where nobody wears makeup. While it's assumed this would apply to women, I suppose it would also apply to a few men.

The idea suggested was that "It would show the hassle women go through that men don't have to worry about." But that's not why I'm interested.

To me, it would show two things: How good girls still look without chemicals on their face, and more importanly, how guys really didn't give a sh*t in the first place.

• Yup
  • Nop

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not also have a men give birth instead of women day... YEAH LIKE THATS GNNA HAPPEN.

loool

I think there are two reasons people usely mainly wear makeup - 1) low self esteem and 2) To attract a person by enhancing certain features. BUT both of these reasons are the cause of one reason only and that is the media. . If there were no magazines or pictures of women who are airbrushed with their "perfect" complexions, I don't think the makeup industry would be where it is today.

Because of societal pressure I think there's a feeling that you must be a certain way or look a certain way. I don't think wearing makeup is bad necessarily, its just I think we should learn to be OK once in a while without the makeup.

What Girls Said 20

• Every day is no makeup day for me! :D

• It's an interesting idea, but just like any other designated 'days' for anything else, it's only a suggestion and participation is completely optional, haha. Do it's likely that you wouldn't even see the results that you're aiming to see.

• No. There's no point in it, and a lot of girls would still put make-up on...just the kind that most guys don't notice and think is "natural".

• If anything it would show how unattractive we really are. >.<

• I say if enhancing your face looks good and feels good there is no harm. It would be interesting to see girls go without if this really did happen for a day, though.

(Personally a no makeup day wouldn't matter. I doubt my daily boring routine of lip gloss and spot of eye liner is super ultra transforming on me anyhow ^_^)

• Voted yes but for all the guys, I guess you didn't know there's something called "natural make up" where the girl can fool you she has no make up at all but the reality is she has. A lot of it. I wear a lot of it and it takes me up to 30 minutes to do it and people still think I wear no make up. So that day would be fake just like my hair color.

• Only dumb guys don't know this. And those same guys wouldn't believe it exists if you put it on right in front of them.

• do you feel you look any different with the natural makeup or not.

• My skin looks a lot better cause I cover every blemishes and bags under my eyes and it's a big difference for me. So everyone think I just have really good skin naturally. I guess it's all about blending make up and right lights.

• Yeah, no.

You might think it would be a good thing but it wouldn't.

Maybe finally guys would realize that not all women look good without makeup like they fantasize in their heads.

A good majority of women don't look good without it.

• Why should we have to give up something that makes some of us feel confident? I don't wear makeup everyday, especially when I am just hanging around with the boyfriend, but when I go out, being able to make myself look like I got a full night of sleep or that I don't have a red nose from the cold I am currently battling, this just makes me feel good about myself.

Sure some girls would have no problem baring their beautiful faces, but me, no thanks, I need my concealer and mascara.

• Everyday is a "no makeup day" for me.

• I wouldn't really care if there is or not.

people that care enough to say No, surely are not confident enough about their inner beauty ... that's why they think they need make up

• No

The right thing to say is women still look good without makeup, but a majority don't(even though they might think they do). And a majority of women would get overlooked for the girl who does put effort into her appearance.

Guys give a sh*t about girls looking good, not what the process is

• I do no make-up days all the time.

• I nearly never wear makeup so.. let that be everyday!

• No.

• yes why not? I'm game! ^-^

• hahaha nice! Yes there should be!

• TOTALLY. Except for me it would be a big deal because I rarely wear make up and when I do it's very light, but I see chicks with masks on and I have to wonder... what's under there?

• i never wear makeup so every day for me is a no make up day :P

• Normally I would say yes, but I recently saw a friend of mine with no make up on for the first time. She looked like a zombie. Some girls seriously need makeup to not look like they just came out of a casket so I'm gonna vote no

• I made the mistake of asking her if she was sick XD I don't think I'll ever see her withou makeup again

• what would be the point? your reasons aren't good enough. live and let live

What Guys Said 4

• How about a 'no lying AND no make-up' day!

That WOULD be a day we'd appreciate since the girls who don't lie routinely would really stand out the rest of the time!

• Yes, to separate the wheat from the chaff

• don't care what they wear

but yes for the teenage brownies with purple lips and green eye lids...rather give them a ABC how to do it day

• I'm sorry to say this but guys are dumb. I'm tired of guys commenting that some girl they have a crush on is so awesome that she wears no make up. Like this girl that's some cheerleader wannabe type; yeah, I'm sure she's wearing no makeup, dummy.