I look worse than I did in high school??

I am 19 and am one year out of high school. My boyfriend is still in high school and has invited me back for one of his dances. I'm wearing the dress I wore for this dance last year since he asked me to.

I put it on today to see if it still fit and I was alarmed. The dress looked nice still, but me? Not so much.

This would make sense had I gained a lot of weight since high school, but it's just the opposite.

Since last year I have dropped 5 pounds and gained muscle definition. I am slimmer and more toned than this time last year.

But I put it on and my legs looked awful. I'm still going to wear it since he asked, but I look different. To me, it looks like my ribs and his got wider, but they didn't because the jeans I wore last year are too big now so if anything, my hips got narrower. It also looks like my legs got fatter.

Maybe I'm just seeing things.

However, in the event that I'm not, how would you explain looking fatter but weighing less and being in better shape?

link

link

The first link is what I look like in it now and the second is what I looked like in it last year.

I think I look worse in the one from this year.

Oh, and yes, I am aware that the backgrounds are messy. They're taken in my sisters' room since it's the only one with the full length mirrors.

At anonymous girl: since you blocked me, I'll reply on here. Please re-read and notice that I LOST weight and am in BETTER shape since high school. I eat right and exercise daily and drink nothing but water. I did anything BUT let myself go.

Most Helpful Girl

• i look worse now than before too, it happens. its called letting yourself go. but its easily fixable. you just have to realize that you have changed and then make positive changes. like diet exercise lose weight, keep your mind focused on the goal, I want my old body back so I keep thinking of how my clothes used to fit and I try to drink a gallon of water a day and eat veggies, chicken and healthy food. set up an appointment for a haircut, change up your do. try new makeup on like a new colored eyeliner to spice up your look.. just don't sweat it. life is about change and growing up.

What Guys Said 4

• You look great in both pictures. Everyone nitpicks how he/she looks. That's why we ask for second opinions. Listen to the people on here and start believing that you look great and go out and have fun!

• Frankly, I think you look better now. It's clear you're more toned...I would stop worrying about it and go enjoy yourself. Really, you look at least as good if not better.

• They look identical, you're over thinking it. He'll still think you look nice.

• Your body looks much better now, not saying it was bad before or anything. You're probably just used to the old you in that dress that's why you think your new picture looks weird. You look good though and good job on the weight loss!

What Girls Said 4

• I think the way you are standing in the first link is not very flattering it is also quite dark, the second link you have struck a posed and the light is showing the dress of better which makes for a more attractive picture. I don't see anything to different in your shape, you are an attractive young woman in both pictures. Try taking a pic in better lighting and posing as you did last year, but you have nothing to worry about you look good in the dress.

• I like the dress:) and you look better now

• It looks the same to me...

• i honestly think it's the angle, your body looks like the same to me.