Ladies do you wear thongs under dresses or skirts?

I was having a conversation with a friend of mine and we had a disagreement. I said that young women (18-25) would most likely wear a thong under a shorter skirt or any dress.

Am I crazy or am I right?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not necessarily. I don't mind thongs, some of my favorite undies are thongs, but I wear several different styles of underwear. Generally if I'm wearing a skirt or dress that's relatively short, I prefer to have a bit more coverage than what a thong provides, lol. I would usually only wear a thong with them if I need to so I don't have any lines, or if I have tights on over them [sheer or opaque, doesn't matter, just feels more secure]. Or if I was dressing up specifically for someone I'm seeing, with the intention of clothes coming off, haha.

• We definitely appreciate the easier access.. Works out well for both partners.

• That's the idea. =] But for day to day wear, kind of impractical for me, lol.

What Girls Said 28

• Never cared for thongs. They look silly, and feel awful. Give me a nice sheer silky pair of bikini panties anytime.

• From a guys perspective, I am much more turned on by regular panties like you described, than by thongs. Just my 0.02.

• Thanks. I knew I wore them for a reason...Guys love em' too!

• I don't know about crazy, but you're not right :P Some girls only have panties, some only thongs but those who switch do it either hide pantylines (which depends more on the fabric and fit of the clothes than if it's a dress or pants) or because they're dressing up (or down, hehe) for a special someone :)

• I always wear skirts or dresses, and I never wear thongs; I don't like the way they look at all.

• Oooo Lordy Lordy I would never wear a thong with a skirt I don't give a rats ass what panty line is showing I don't want everything showin for the world to see not my goodies! Lol I will wear my boy shorts or regular undie Roos regardless a thong with a skirt my goodness whT is this world coming to.

• Honestly it depends on the dress. If it was really tight I might so that I don't have a panty line showing. I'd be more comfortable in boy shorts or at the very least briefs, especially if it's short..you know in case wind blows or any one of a millions things that could go wrong and lift my skirt or dress up.

• i don't care what anyone says... I think thongs are comfy and I wear them with anything that I wear. Jeans, sweatpants, dresses, skirts, you name it! I just think they are more comfy. They cover what needs to be covered so I don't see the big deal...

• The only time I wear thongs is if the skirt/dress/pants will show my panty lines. Really the only time I can consistently remember wearing them was when I used to go to horse shows and didn't want an underwear outline to show through my britches.

• they're ugly, uncomfortable and just blerk.

• I just wear my satin panties under all of my skirts & i have every color that you can think of. If i need to go upstairs & some guy happens to look up my skirt & see my panties than good for him because i don't have time to worry about stupid silly things like that. All they're going to see is my underwear & that's it. It is not the end of the world!

• Yes I do, I love wearing waist high skin tight control thongs, when I put them on I get a full blown massive wedgie, I love that snug tight feeling up between my bum all day long, I always wear stockings and suspenders with my tight knickers under a knee length skirt with high heels. When I'm out and about dressed like this is so sexy, control thongs feel so tight up between my bum, much tighter than standard thongs.

• Only if the panty line could be seen with the dress or skirt on.

• I hate thongs! Almost never wear them unless I'm wearing thight pants.

• I do wear thongs sometimes, it's about half tongs or cheeky

• Your right lol...anytime I have a skirt on I wear a g string;) It would be embarrassing for guys to see up there and have ugly underwear on lol

• Well I wear them all the time tight dress in a flowwy dress even leggings I feel sexy in them. My boobs I don't might exposing the line .

• Sometimes, but mostly If said dress or skirt is tight on the body where the panty line shows, then definitely!

I hate a visible panty line.

• All the time. There's really no difference

• Yeah, I don't want my pantie lines showing so a thong is needed.

• If I wear a thong under a skirt it is with a pair of black spandex shorts over the thong to hide it lol. You will never know I am wearing it because if you look up my skirts all you get is black spandex shorts.

• It depends, if it's a tight skirt, I would wear a g-string but with a loose and flowy skirt I normally opt for cheeky shorts. I don't know if all 'young' women would do this...but most of my friends do.

• I like so much wear skirts and dresses, also short. And I also wear thongs. No problem.

I like them, I feel sexy. And I hope I will never upskirted or skirt lifted...

• ummm never again will I.. lol I was as work and stood by a fan and my skirt flew up and showed my thong...I think regular panties or shorts are a good choice for next time.

• i do

• No I don't and wouldn't. Bad idea.

• yes I always wear a thong under short dresses or skirts.

• I wear short skirts and dresses all the time.. And never wear thongs. I hate the things.

• You're crazy. I only wear it to hide panty lines

• I usually wear thongs anyways regardless of skirts or dresses. Full cut panties feel like I am wearing a pair of shorts under my clothes.

• Ik this is REALLY old, but in case you're still alive, how short are your shorts? Because shorts usually shouldn't be anywhere close the length of full cut panties. Shorts are only supposed to be slightly above the knee, while full cut panties reveal all of the legs, and maybe a bit of cheek. Are you one of those women who wear these really short, cheeky shorts in public?

What Guys Said 7

• generally I think yea women do this... but I think it also depends on girl like bigger women don't wear thongs. women who consider themselves sexy only wear thongs or g-strings.

• You're not crazy. You're right about that.

However, for the conservative girls, I think they would wear something like bloomers.

• Younger girls 18-25 might wear them because they are into that fashion and others might be more conservative. But in general people wering thongs usually do it to hide panty lines.

• All depends on the girl, as is shown with the girl at the bottom who said she wears g-strings with her skirts/dresses...

• girls think guys care about panty lines...we don't

• thongs are very sexy on girls with nice bodies only

• Thongs are gross