Guys tell me I'm beautiful and that I should have confidence. Why?

I'm not thin, by any stretch of the imagination. More than 250lbs, 5'6". I consider myself to be fat.

When I'm honest about it, nine times out of ten, the guy will tell me that I think too harshly of myself. The other times they simply frown at me.

America is the land of idealized beauty. I don't fit that standard, and none of those who tell me that I'm too hard on myself would be with me, so where am I wrong to admit it? Good looking guys want good looking girls, regardless of confidence, it comes down to waist size.

I don't need people to give me false compliments, but I want to be sure I'm looking at this the right way.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can still have confidence if you realize your limitations.

• That's exactly how I feel! I appreciate you taking the time to comment here. Thank you!

• Yeah, like a girl who will be stuck in a wheelchair all her life could easily let her self-esteem be destroyed but there is a guy somewhere out there that will love her. I think each individual has a very specific life partner in the first place, you just gotta figure out what characteristics they gotta have. The people who get divorced or break up constantly just haven't found it

What Guys Said 1

• Accepting how are you looking truley and showing how you want to look, its different.Accepting your look is your self appricial and trust in your self but showing how you want to look(actually you are not looing that),its just behaving unrealistic and over smart looking.so its better to accept your self is the best and never think you're down.

So don't worry. you are looking perfect and you dot nahve to change for anyone whatever people say

Goodluck!

• Thank you! I keep thinking that I'm just being sensitive about it, but I am very comfortable with how I look. Again, thank you!

• Your Welcome but if you care for people or what they will say? it won't be helpful to you. They won't come to survive you when you are in trouble.So of course care but who, who takes care for you. :)

What Girls Said 1

• exactly- I am the same way!

• Accepting how are you looking truley and showing how you want to look, its different.Accepting your look is your self appricial and trust in your self but showing how you want to look(actually you are not looing that),its just behaving unrealistic and over smart looking.so its better to accept your self is the best and never think you're down

• It's just frustrating because I don't like being treated like either an attention whore (which I'm not) or like I lack self-confidence (which I don't). I'm bright, successful, and I'm happy about my life. When guys say that to me, all I can think is that none of the things I love about me are what matter to them. They only care about the outside. It's frustrating.

• I Understand that! its so annoying how everything is about image- it should be about personality instead.