All girls gotta do is look nice while guys need to have everything...

For example a guy needs to have a good job, car, his own place, confidence while girls only need to look OK or better.

Why is it so unfair?

Most Helpful Girl

• ummmmmmmm all girls gotta do is look nice? Do you have any idea how hard it is to look nice so that you guys would actually consider us attractive? Do you know how many girls, starting from age 10, to women are having to deal with health problems and eating disorders simply to get the body you guys would like? How about low self-esteem issues? We even have the phrase "if you want to look pretty you'll have to suffer".

I'd rather chase after a good job, a car, and a house than having to deal with all this.

F*cking idiot.

What Girls Said 4

• look our society (which is a patriarchy thus set up by men) is structured so that the stereotype is the woman has to look nice or be good sexually, or house wife and men are supposed to earn money and provide. it doesint have to be this way, each individual can choose a different path from this stereotype. its sucks that its this way,and it is unfair, but don't say women have less issues in society, when we are expected to simply be sex objects, while men are expected to be a upstanding member in society. THAT is what is not fair.

• Because that is all we have to do... And how many of us actually hold up to your beauty standard in the first place? A lot of people men and women degrade other women on just looks... People tell me that the reason I don't have a boyfriend because I'm fat... it has nothing to do with the rest of me. Not my personality or anything else. The problem is I'm fat. So Girls just having to look okay doesn't include most women. If a woman is too tall, too fat, too skinny, if she doesn't wear make up or too much of it... If we have small boobs or maybe too big of boobs... is that okay? Because I see a lot of guys say that but the women they speak of are often not average in any way. This is true of women judging men as well... But seriously you talk like it is that easy. Yeah maybe for some women but not most. Also personality should count as well... were people not something just to look at.

• Excuse me! I find this more like an insult because I have to have a good job, a nice car, my own place, but I don't have much confidence because I'm shy. And I still need to look good or perfect, I don't get 'OK or better'!

• Not all girls are the same you know

What Guys Said 5

• For the most part that's only true for very rich men who only want the most beautiful arm candy.

It's partly their fault. They choose to go after women with no talent or passion to contribute to society. If these pigs had standards beyond looks maybe the disparity wouldn't be so bad.

• I think that only holds water for immature boys and girls. I do want to have an attractive partner like anybody else, but that alone isn't going to make me want her to be my SO. She needs to have other qualities and achievements as well. If it bothers you so much become as picky as most women.

• It those are the only standards you hold your girls to, that's your issue. I expect a hell of a lot more then looks out of my women.

• If you don't know what your talking about why do you ask this question. It's stupid and wtf it doesn't make sense. Of course girls need things other than looks.

• No man it's not true.

Girls gotta have something going for them too. If you just accept any girl based on looks when you have all this going for you, then you have no standards, or you're just plain horny.