Am I too tall for a girl? Am I taller than you?

I'm 172cm. That's around 5'7.

I'm an 18 year old girl. Tall? Too tall? Not really?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all. I'm like 5'8.5" and you are still shorter than I am.

Actually, I'm willing to date girls who are shorter than me, the same height as me, or taller than me (though it is kind of intimidating to ask a girl out who is taller as she potentially has some pretty emasculating ways to reject a shorter guy; I would DEFINITELY do it if she gave me the green light!).

I want to say that *most* guys (if they are like me) do not filter by height at all when seeking potential mates. Women, both tall and small, are attractive.

That being said, I wish the same could be said for the other direction because I'm pretty sure I *am* filtered out for online dating as I am slightly shorter than average. Kind of sucks, but that's epiphyseal plates for ya.

• I really hope I don't become one of THESE guys:

link

• lmao the link.. really? :L

• It's a real meetup group apparently, though I'd imagine the guys there are shorter than I am.

Anyway, don't worry too much about the height thing -you are the LAST person who has to worry about that. The ideal height is probably *slightly* tall.

Here catch: link

What Guys Said 17

• Not a chance! I'm 6'3 and that's pretty much average for my town, then again this is northern Minnesota... so I guess it depends on where you're from. 6' would be the tall end for gals in my area, but you might be tall compared to others in your area. The issue is never your height, but how it compares to the people around you or how it compares to your significant other. Hope that helps! :D

• It's a good height.

• Not sure what makes you think you're tall. The average height in America is 5'4". You're just above that. And you're nowhere near taller than me.

• Nah. You're 7cm less than me. Not too tall. And I'm not a particularly tall guy, so you're fine.

• My girlfriend is 5'8 and I'm 6' and I love how tall she is, I could never go with a short girl. just look for tall guys

• No way. Not for me, at least.

• That's not tall.

• not at all average height for a guy is 5'9

• not too tall, but you're taller than I am

• The exact height I like (im 6'1).

• I'd say your tall for a girl and I don t think that's too tall. I'd date somebody that tall

• i am 6.1 so is my wife

• i'm 196 cm (6 foot 5 inches) so wouldn't be a problem for me XD

• Not tall at all. Tall for girls is 5'10 and taller. 5'7 - 5'9 is the best height for a girl <3

• No you are definitely not too tall. I love tall girls btw.

• It's actually the shortest I'd date. You're not tall, your height is just fine.

• Not to tall but I still prefer shorter. It's like the equivalent of a guy being 5'8 or 5'9 or 5'10 ish. Its not to bad but most of the opposite gender won't be happy and actively chasing after that height. They'd just settle for it.

• 5'10" is average.

.

.

.

=(

• Women don't care, its average. Average is common. Thus, its nothing special. Welcome to the club.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm 5'7 and I think this is quite a average height to be for a girl, well at least from where I'm from. Some guys may even find more taller girls attractive or for some shorter girls but trust me, if you have a attractive face and body for him then height really won't be as big of a deal in comparison to other areas.

• Not really, I mean I'm 5'9 going on 5'10 and that's tall. You actually have a perfect height in my eyes. You height is not too tall but not too short, kind of on the border.

• Well I think how positive or negative your height can be perceived as is really based on location.

You and I are the same height and where I live it's taller than the average girl but not an anomaly.

:)

• You are shorter than me...I'm a member of the 5'9" club.

• That may be on the taller end for girls. I'm 5'2.

• I'm 5'6"...and I'm not that much shorter than you.

I don't think it's tall at all. It seems kind of like an average height to me.

• tall but not too tall.. I'm 1.70 m but I'm way shorter than most girls

• I wouldn't consider that tall, but that's because I'm 5'10"

• im 5'0" perfect! *kisses hand as an Italian man would*