Is light brown hair dull on a girl?

i am not being mean because I have light brown hair :P

it's very light brown..sometimes it looks dirty blond but it's really too dark to look blonde...yet way too light to be a nice rich brown. you know that "in between brown and blonde" mousey color.

i think medium or dark brown is pretty because it's rich, and blond and red hair is nice. but I found my color kind of dull.

examples:

link

link

link

Most Helpful Girl

• No add highlights and lowlights

• yeah I added a lot of highlights so now it's blond. but I think alone this type of color is very plain and dull..i say it's the perfect canvas for hair dye

• Lol ya I get tired of my black hair too but I don't dye it too light

What Guys Said 1

• depends on the person. some people wear light brown very well, but I agree that darker or lighter would be better than the middle ground. because darker hair can contrast with light skin color very well. lighter hair can contrast with darker clothes very well. it stands out more, and hair is probably the most attractive thing about a woman, to me.

what you can do is try dying your hair every few months and see what other options are out there for you.

• i was real blond when I was little and I'm pale/blue eyes so I got a full head of blond highlights and now my hair just looks like a medium-light blond (but not barbie platinum or trashy) and I got a LOT of compliments. my hairdresser said going darker would look harsh on me and between dark and light I'm more suited for light.

• every person is different though. a lot of people go to a barber shop and say "i want to get the hairstyle of this celebrity". they get and they're not happy with it, because their face, clothing, and skin color are different. hair has to match everything else.

if you can put up a pic of your hair, it would be easier to answer your question.

• oh I just wanted to know what people think of this color in general. I am not looking to change mine.

What Girls Said 2

• This is a beeeeeaaaaauuuuuttifffullll color utilized by many models. This color is really on trend and it is a classic color too. It looks amazing during the summer time where you can wear it with a short, flowy dress, wedges and sport an amazing tan with it.

• Depends on your ether features