Do most guys like girls with makeup?

I get made fun of a lot by guys and they say I wear to much makeup

Most Helpful Girl

• Here are some general rules for make up. :)

1. During the day apply with a light hand. Guys like seeing natural looking makeup and little features unique to you like freckles. The one thing to emphasize still are your eyes though, but with natural colors and mascara, as much mascara as you want ;)

2. Save the drama and bold colors for girls night out. Who cares what guys think? Its YOUR night! :p

3. When on a date or trying to attract a guy be glamorous, but the one feature to keep natural looking is your lips. As much as you can rock ruby lips, guys only want to kiss soft pink lips.

4. In long term relationships guys like seeing the more natural you, but its OK to glam it up every once in awhile, just to keep him on his toes, and still show you got it! :)

Hope that helps.

• now that's what I'm talking about :) also, all you write is spot on but the lip thing on number 3 should be a more transmited "rule" among girls, I understand if the situation requires her to wear lipstick, I may even enjoy the look (doesn't usually happens unless is a very subtle color) but nothing copares to the feeling of lips, natural lips.

• There are tinted balms that would fit number 3. :) So you could easily have the natural lips but with a hint of color, with out sticky residue.

What Guys Said 6

• No, no, no, no! The least/minimum amount of makeup a woman applies the better. I don't want to kiss and touch her face and come away full of makeup on me. I don't want her to take off her makeup and suddenly she looks completely different. I want a woman who barely uses makeup, some eye shadow/eye liner, something for her lips, that's it. It's sad to see how society has really bombarded women with the stuff. It's even sadder to see how many women think they need it to look beautiful when in reality they look great without most of it. I know so many really pretty girls who think they need to use loads of makeup to look attractive and when they do use it, they look horrible. Natural is best!

• not a fan of make up, I said in another post that for me it is like an accessory, like a necklace or earrings, there are situations in which you can say you NEED it, but most are optional, and even in the situationes in which it seems necessary you have to keep it CLASSY, wear make up as you would jewllery, even if those where diamonds you would not wear ten rings because it would somehow manage to make diamonds look CHEAP, and again, this is in those situations in which make up is absolutely called for, like a formal event, the rest of the time you use it to cover some skin flaws or to subtly highlight a cute feature of you, but that is it, IF you even wear it, I know a lot of girl who look amazing with no make up, is much better too little or none than wearing even a little too much.

• I think girls/women look good without makeup, but when they do wear it I can easily draw a line at enough and too much. Some girls either go with natural look and don't wear any at all, while others wear enough. I've only seen a few girls/women in my life that wore too much makeup.

• We prefer the more natural look and beauty of a woman.

• Enough to look better, but not so much you look fake. That's what I like.

• make up can accent certain features and can make girls look pretty, but their is a line that should not be crossed about putting to much on. it should accent, or bring things out, not try to create something that isn't there to begin with

What Girls Said 6

• Most of the guys I've talked to seem to prefer the more natural look. They might not realize that what they think of as "natural" is just really subtle, well-applied make up (the foundation actually matches the skin tone and is applied evenly, the shadows used are earthy tones, etc.)

I don't know how you do yours, but if people are saying it's too much, maybe try applying less and see what happens.

• If you're getting made fun of by guys for wearing too much makeup then your makeup is too obvious

Guys like the natural look, meaning flawless makeup with no weird colors or designs. It shouldn't be obvious.

They say they like natural, but no one finds blemishes, rosacea, uneven skin tone, discolorations, under eye puffiness, dark circles, acne, pock marks, hyperpigmentation or paleness attractive

• Maybe try not to use many different colors use warm and soft colors and try getting your foundation as close to your skin color as possible. Also don't try to look older than your age because that's when we often make the mistake of applying way to much! Watch YouTube make up tutorials that's what I do lol..

And if a guy is saying its to much it probably is.

• Just keep it natural.dont wear foundation everyday.dont leave a guy wondering what you look like without makeup!

• of course.it is more beautiful.

• yes in reality because I am sure if a guy saw a girl with a normal amount of makeup that isn't heavy compared to zero makeup he would think she's hotter with the normal amount of makeup

because let's face it even a very pretty girl looks better with makeup when it's done right and not too heavy.

however it is easy to wear bad makeup/makeup that is too heavy.

guys think they don't like makeup but in reality it's that they don't like heavy makeup