Are HFC (hydrofluorocarbons) banned?

I was just looking at my hair products and I noticed that one of the ingredients was HFC. I don't understand. HFC's are bad for the thinning of the ozone layer and I thought that it was banned from being in any products. Why is it in my hair spray? It really bothers me and I don't really want to use my hair stuff anymore. Did anyone hear that HFC's were banned?

Yeah, I feel so stupid now. lol. I looked up HFC's online and I thought it said some stuff about the atmosphere too, I guess I was imagining things. Sorry guys . . . stupid question :(

Most Helpful Guy

• You may be thinking of Chlorofluorocarbon (CFCs).

• So it is not the same then?? Because I looked it up online hydroflurocarbons, and it didn't say anything good about it either. What is the difference?

• It wasn't a stupid question actually. I believe that the kyoto protocol bans HFCs however the US isn't a part of that so they aren't banned here

• Really?? Thanks a lot for your answer. I don't feel as stupid now. lol

What Guys Said 2

• I think you mean CFC's.

• Yeah, I already know that if you looked at the update.

• That stuff could be made in China where there are no safety regulations.

What Girls Said 1

• HFC's are the better solution. They replaced the harmful CFC's in aerosols.

• So it is better for the environment. Aren't both chemicals toxic though? Or is that not the case?

• They are both bad, period. But one is less-bad.

• Yeah, that is what I was thinking when I was stucking in that hair spray and it was choking me. lol. "this stuff has got to be bad!"