How to get rid of my acne?

I just hate my acne. I've tried many different products and treatmants, and it just became worse...

I can't go out of my house without all of my foundation on, I didn't go to a sky trip with my boyfriend because I don't want him to see me without makeup...

This is ruining my life, and I don't know what will I do in summer when nobody wears makeup...

Do you have any tips or solutions that worked for you, I am desperate to try anything!

Thank you so much for all of the answers! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• You should wash your face very well about twice a day with products that don't absorb much of the moisture in your skin preferably natural soap and always wash your face well after being exposed to any dust or after exercising or exerting any effort .And don't put a lot of make up on, it will just make it worse and harm your skin.

also, there's this one product that I think might give you good results. It's Neutrogena "Deep Clean"

but you should probably visit a dermatologist though

• I tried Neutrogena, it didn't work, but thanks anyway! :)

• Well, I hope the other tips work out for you ! And, good luck!

What Guys Said 6

• I've already seen a skin doctor and he'll just prescribe you differin.

If he's retarded and you want serious health problems you can try accutane. But you can kiss your organs goodbye later.

Differin works but my solution is way better.

Drink Lots of water first of all.

You NEED Neutrogena RapidClear Oil Control Foaming cleanser. ONLY get the cleanser. That'll take care of your oil problem. Use that in the morning only. At night you need to exfoliate so you should use Likas Papaya Soap and leave it on your skin for a minute. It'll get rid of the scars and heal your skin.

The most important rule is to NEVER sleep on your face. Your pillow is full of dead skin cells and that's when you develop your acne.

• "If he's retarded and you want serious health problems you can try accutane. But you can kiss your organs goodbye later."

Absolute bullsh*t. I've used it, my sister used it, my roommate used it and my best friend used it. None of us are dead or unhealthy

• For me diet (No greasy or unhealthy foods) and light exfoliate creams 3x a week right before shower.

Different things work for different people. I remember using proactive when I was like 16 and it didn't work.

• Maybe the makeup is clogging dem pores?

Also products at first make you Breakout a lot because its bringing all the toxins to the surface.

I have never used acne products and am not a female so this information can't be taken as fact.

• I wear makeup as less as possible, I only use products with minerals specially made so that it doesn't cause breakouts, and my acne problem started when I wasn't wearing any makeup...

But thanks anyway :)

• I've been using something called Oxy. You use it at least twice a day and it pretty much makes it go away (minor breakouts) but yeah. You should try that

• accutane is the only drug that works... despite all the comercials and everythign you get acne because your oil pores clog with dirt... aka dry skin, makeup, etc... however very little of the acne can be cured by removing the dry skin, sicne you cant, you need to force your body to stop producing that much oil... and the only drug that does that is accutane. See a derm.

• id go to a dermatologist if you can. That's what I just did a couple days ago

What Girls Said 8

• I used to have the same problem but on a different area (my back).

I would recommend accutane. Many people have told me that it makes the acne go away. I've never tried it though because I think I may be allergic to it.

If you don't want to risk it then you can use toothpaste or hydrogen peroxide on the area. That's what I did and it worked for me. The most important thing is to keep yourself clean.

Take a shower at least once a day and wash your body with a body scrubber and a moisturising bath cream (I use dove) and your face with an antibacterial cleanser. DONT USE OILY SOAPS.

DONT USE HOT WATER WHEN YOU ARE TAKING A SHOWER.

When you use conditioner on your hair, make sure it doesn't get in contact with your face/cheeks/forehead and your back because that may cause the skin to break out.

Stay away from chocolate, carbonated beverages and sugar. Maintain a healthy diet, or at least decrease the amount of sugar you consume (that's what I did because it's extremely difficult for me to stay away from chocolate).

For acne scars I recommend using lemon or sunbathing. Lemon bleaches them and gradually it makes them disappear.

Good luck.

• I know a ton of other people said it, but I'd see a derm. I fought it for a long time thinking it'd be too expensive and tried just about every over the counter type of thing. When I finally did go to the derm it turns out the generics of differin and a couple other things are like 20ish dollars and work wayyyy better. I still have trouble with scarring but hey it's about 80% better than before.

• you can try proactive. Another thing that's good s steaming your face to the pores opens up and wash your face with surgical soap on a scrub glove and when you have done that then splash cold water on your face to close the pores and use a face cream and let the skin rest and heal itself. Don't use any heavy makeup on your skin while you have your acne, cause a lot of them will clog your pores and make it hard for the skin to breath which won't help getting rid of the acne. I recommend that you switch to a light BB cream and a mineral powder. Good luck.

• Have you thought about going to a Dermatoligst? They might be able to help you? But anway I have tried many acen products and the one that I love the best is neutragena acne solution. And exfoliating your skin once or twice a week is always good as well. What type of make up are you using btw? cause many make up products give you worse acne then you had before. You should also try this

Get seven to eight hours of sleep at night, which is the time needed for skin to recoup and heal any damage done during the day.

Cut out dairy. The additional androgen hormones in cow's milk can cause hormonal imbalances in women and result in breakouts.

Eat antioxidant-rich cranberries, pomegranates, and blueberries to help your face (and body) heal faster.

Change your pillowcase daily to remove any bacteria or leftover makeup residue.

I hope this helps you :)

• Have you tried natural remedies?

Put some pure honey on your face for 15-20 minutes everyday. I put in lemon, or lime. Whichever.

My face is clear now. I'll get a couple of pimples here and there but it'll be gone within' 2-3 days.

Drinking a lot of water is always a big one for clean, clear skin.

It left back a few scars, which are light. It's fine, so I'm using bio oil to help reduce the color and size.

So far, this has worked for me.

Also, its best for you to find what works well with your skin type.

• Try this website. link Its a blog with all natural remedies to try. All the ingredients can be found in your kitchen so it won't cost you a fortune to try

• Make sure you're eating a really nutritious diet. Eat lots of various natural foods and cut out junk food. Get lots of sleep. Then just use water to clean your face and a gentle make up remover to take off your makeup. Get waterproof/long wearing makeup so that you can go anywhere and do anything with it on.

• Well usually for me when I start to break out I first try to find out what could be causing that like if I tried something new on my face or sometimes even stress can break you out also your surroundings could be causing it, you know like maybe if you use makeup brushes or sponges you need to be sure to clean those ever once in a while, because bacteria can build on those or maybe your pillow cases or something Its always good to wash them every once in a while. And maybe sometimes it isn't so good to wear so much makeup because sometimes that could cause it. I know you maybe feel embarrassed to show your face, but everyone gets them its natural, that's why most of the time when I get them I don't worry to much because, I know no ones going to judge me because they get them as well.