Do clothes make the man?

My shoes are quite worn and ragged (I'll be getting new ones soon). I just kinda wonder how important things like new shoes and clothes are to women.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can always tell if a man is cheap by his shoes. So yes shoes yes they tell a lot about a person, male and female.

What Girls Said 4

• Shoes are usually the first thing woman look at on a guy, I'm sorry to say. Not all women based giving you their number or talking to you on your shoes/clothes but a lot do. Especially in a bar/club atmosphere. My advice to to make sure your clothes are clean and your breath is fresh.

• I would have to say yes, clothing does make the man. We live in a time when appearance means everything. And I'm not talking about you needing to spend lots of $ and wear nothing but designer clothing. If your shirts are clean looking and not wrinkled, same with your jeans or shorts, shoes are nice and not ripped apart / scuffed looking then you'll definitely leave a much better impression on everyone you meet vs if you're wearing old scruffy / dingy / looking clothes and shoes.

• Not for this girl!

• New shoes aren't necessary but clean shoes that are well taken care of are nice!

What Guys Said 2

• Of course not! Men make clothes with the help of machinery. Where do you live?

• Thank you for clearing up that confusion! You've helped me immensely! :)

• I try and fo what I can. ; - )

• Yes, This is true for this society of instant gratification.