Can a guy look better with age?

I know back in high school I was pretty ugly. I had pimples and everything. Now that I'm older, (23) I've noticed in the last year or so I no longer have pimples and I just seem to look better. It still kind of depends on the day though.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ever heard the term "Silver Fox".

link

link

link

link

Guys have the advantage that, as long as you keep yourself up, you just keep looking better and better, and you don't peak until probably in your 50's.

In the same way, women look good for about as long, but peak very quickly in their 20's and 30's.

• Also, I had acne throughout school, and it all cleared up right before college. My jawline got more pronounced, shoulders broadened, and I gained muscle tone despite much of my time having been spent level-designing and music writing.

God. I love being my age.

What Girls Said 6

• Ya def

some examples

George clooney:

link link

Jensen Ackles

link link

• Yes especially if you are george clooney.

• Yes They most definitely Can !

• same here, clear skin more pronounced features, like high cheek bones, but then my bad days are a bit worse, I get dark circles and bags under my eyes, something that never happened in high school.. I'm 20.

• it really depends on your lifestyle, my brother for example was handsome til about 27 then he got fat and developed anger issues. In his 20's he was into body building and was taking steroids... those bad habits come back to bite you... I can only imagine how my party animal friends will age if they keep up their habits..

• To me most people look better with age , To me black people age very well. When 50 they look 30

• Yeah definitely. I've been attracted to men who were like 40 something and seen pictures from their twenties that were like wtf?! Lol

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah its natural to look better. Your skin improves, your bone structure in your face becomes more masculine, your muscle tone increases, your style usually improves due to experience, etc.

I think the general rule of thumb is guys look their best in their mid to late 20's. Girls its in their late teens. The reason is hormones really. Testosterone peaks in men around 23, which is why usually guy who looked like dweebs in high school all of a sudden look like ripped hunks right after college. vice verse its why girls who are only like 17 and 18 look like they are 25 and are gorgeous and half the time by the time they are 30 they look like they're 50.

• Yep, I looked gross when I was 16-18, like I don't think my girlfriend would find me attractive then opposed to now.

• Yes, that's actually a fact.

According to women, guys look their best when they hit their 30's.

• to a certain point. you're 23 and that is still young. that's not really being older

• You're still a boy in high school. You're still IN puberty.

• Similar to me. I looked like trash in my teens. Now I'm 21 and I look a heck of a lot more attractive. In the past month, four different women I don't even know and wasn't even hitting on have complimented me on my looks!

• guys generally age like wine, we look a lot better as we age :D

• Typically men get better looking with age and wiser (like wine). Women age to be saggy and naggy complaint boxes, so this explains their need in being all picky when they're young and hot.