Do women do their best to look nice for men or for other women.

i'm talking about straight women here, who do they do it for? I was told that the times women dress sexy is when its for men but other than that its to compete with other women.

Most Helpful Guy

• all three together; for her man, for other men, and for other women.

What Girls Said 3

• Generally it's both... People might hate my answer but here it goes lol. My boyfriend gets a little bothered sometimes when I look especially dolled up, but I like to look good. For myself, it's a confidence boost. For my boyfriend, so he has someone to really show off and feel good about being seen with (not saying looks are or should be the focal point of a relationship, just stating it's more of a bonus for him). In a way it is for other men too, my guy gets an ego boost if he catches men checking me out. And I guess we can for competitive reasons too... you don't want another girl to look better than you to your guy or the person you're interested in... if they inevitably do then you want to at least come close.

• so of my girl looks nice in all fairness I should try to match her?

• Sure, if you'd like. My guy isn't particularly concerned with looking his best from day to day but if I'm very dressed up (to him anyway) or it's a special occasion then he does try to match up with me.

• i think we do it to look better for our boy than other women.

• Honestly, I just do it for me because I like to look my best at all times. You never know who your going to meet.

What Guys Said 1

• They always try to look their best for men, primarily.