Do you mind if women who are ugly wear cute clothes?

I've lost a lot of weight, and now I can fit into cute clothing. I never really wore dresses unless it was a special occasion when I was overweight because I've never felt comfortable wearing them when I was fat. My personal opinion about myself was that fat people shouldn't wear dresses, so I didn't. It took me a long time to lose the weight, I hired a personal trainer and I was on a strict diet and now I've finally accomplished the body look I was going for. I still have an ugly face though, even though my body looks good.

I was looking at a dress last night with a couple of friends for the bars. A couple guys told me that I should not be wearing a dress because ugly women look nasty in them.

And I've seen that opinion before. So are you against ugly women wearing dress, skirts, and other cute clothing? I don't want to give up on my dream of finally being able to wear nice clothes after all my hard work to get the body I want. I've been going to fashion shows just to find some nice outfits. I want to wear them. I've spent the last five or so years wearing nothing but jeans, jogging pants and sweaters or baggy t-shirts. I want to be stylish now.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I think any woman of any look can wear anything cute as long as it fits right & is flattering, & it sounds like you now have the figure to wear whatever you feel like! Besides, I can find something attractive in just about anyone & it takes A LOT for me to find someone ugly, unless they do or says ugly things lie the person who told you that! I say you have worked for and earned the right to wear skirts & dresses, even though no one should have to, so if you think something is cute & have your heart set on wearing it, I say wear it as much as you please & the narrow-minded haters can go to Hell!

What Guys Said 7

• Somebody out there will find your face good looking.

Having a good body means go for it, wear cute clothes.

Things that turn me off are overweights showing off cleavage or wearing short pants showing off their wobbly legs.

• that's kinda silly in my opinion.

if you're ugly you're ugly, no matter what you wear. just because you wear a dress instead of jeans or something your face won't somehow become uglier.

but, I do have a suggestion; instead of spending money on clothes get some work done on your face.

• That would be thousands of dollars to get plastic surgery. I have no clothes at all that fit me from my overweight days. So I am supposed to walk around wearing very baggy clothes that I have to belt, shirts that hang off of me, pants that don't have belt loops so I can't wear them because they'll fall off, just to save money that will probably take years to save for plastic surgery. I've been borrowing my room mates clothes and even they're too big for me. I have no summer clothes. I have

• a job interview next week, and I'm supposed to wear a pair of pants that are too big for me to the job interview and a huge blouse? Because that's going to get me hired.

• I'm not against it at all. If it makes you look better, then go ahead.

• who am I to tell or even mind a person wearing their clothes? its their choice. some ugly girls have nice boobs so let that cleavage out!

• yeah that's fine if you dress nice

• yes it bothers me a lot.

ugly women should wear potato sacks

• would you want an ugly guy to try and look cute?

• I don't want any guy to look cute.

• Overly sensitive much?

• No it's just people shouldn't insult pregnant women, and I wasn't talking about you anyway. I knew what you meant. I just meant in general.

What Girls Said 12

• F*** the haters. If wearing cute clothes makes you feel pretty, then that's all that matters. Other people should never dictate what you wear no matter how fat or ugly you are. It doesn't matter if you're a total troll, you should still wear what you want.

• Ugh, this society demonizes women already. Now deemed 'ugly' women can't feel pretty and wear pretty things? What is this, the scarlet letter? Now you have to wear a big You over your heart for 'ugly'? Get out of here. Wear what the hell you want and FEEL confident. That beauty shines through.

People can be a**holes, especially men. (no offense).

• I don't care.Wear what you wanna wear..f*** what other people say..u worked hard to loose weight and you have every right to wear whatever kind of dress you want..u need to start realizing that other peoples opinons about you don't matter. If you wanna wear a dress wear it.Im pretty sure your pretty just in your one way.

• If it makes you feel better go for it. There are no ugly women, there is only low self esteem women. You can dress and do anything you want. Reinvent yourself. Need style tips, go online and type "body type - hourglass, etc". Go to high end store and see their latest designs and outfit. The truth is most style are reinvented...

• You perception of how pretty you are shouldn't determine what clothes you wear

If you want to wear cute dresses, skirts and blouses, do it. There's nothing wrong with being in to fashion/styling/makeup/accessories.

Dressing well only enhances your appearance.

• Kinda but if it make you look and most importantly feel better, then so be it enjoy each day as it comes wet here your ugly or not

• I'm not pretty and I wear mini skirts and short shorts. Its my reward for going from a size 10 to a size 5/6. Screw other people's opinions, because at the end of the day all that matters is if you feel good in what you are wearing. Besides, you seem tired of wearing clothes that aren't considered "feminine". Do your thing girl and wear what makes you happy. :)

• Good for you. I went from size 14 to size 4. Sometimes 5.

• Oh snap girl that's what's up. You better wear dresses <3

• As long as they don't wear leggings I'm OK with whatever they wear

• if oyu have the body to pull it off than you should be fine wearing dresses and whatever.

• Dont bother what others think, you dress what you feel comforzble in. Nobody is ugly

• ok, when a ugly none fit girl. tries to look pretty. most people would laugh. makeup is magical. braces can change your whole face. a new hairstyle could help too. look at Meg get a makeover lol

anybody can be hot, cute and sexy.

• who cares if other people mind? people will either think you are ugly or not. what you wear won't change that.

• Because if people don't want to see me in a certain thing then I won't wear it. When I was overweight, I never wore bikinis because I knew people wouldn't want to see that. I'm a people pleaser.