Do you think people who smoke in a suit or dress look cool?

Or even edgy I suppose?

What do you think when you see a well dressed, well groomed person smoking?

Most Helpful Girl

• Smoking is disgusting to me. It smells so bad and it makes you lose your fitness. It doesn't matter how well dressed you are, how attractive you are or how otherwise well groomed you are. It doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look like an idiot who can't rely on anything but your cigarettes. My father is a great example of what it does to you. All he does is cough all day, and then walk outside to take another cigarette. It's disgusting. I love him to death, but I hate that part of him that makes him continue smoking. So as you can see, I'm greatly against smoking.

What Girls Said 37

• It doesn't matter who the person is or what they're wearing, when I see a smoker my respect for them immediately lowers.

It is a disgusting, repulsive, unhealthy habit. It would be one thing if smoking was only detrimental to the smoker's health alone, but unfortunately anyone within their vicinity is also negatively affected.

Hell, even machines are badly affected by smoking. I work on computers for a living and when a smoker drops off their machine it is covered in brown ick and the computer itself reeks & stinks up the whole store. One time a disc drive on a smoker's laptop failed to work because it had so much brown nicotine yick built up on the lens. I can't even imagine what the rest of the internal parts of that computer looked like.

• Well I don't like cigarettes and their smell..

they make me in a bad situation!

And no it isn't cool. :P

• Smoking is ugly. I don't care how you dress, it's an ugly habit.

• I definitely love suits, but I don't think people who smoke looks cool. I don't mind if someone smokes, as long as it is not close to me. Smoking is very harmful to yourself and to others, and I don't think you need to have something to look cool. If you are a cool person, you are and will be without smoking and harming your body. The word "cool" in itself is very subjective, for me, someone who is "cool" is someone who is comfortable in their own skin and happy by just being themselves. A person who is able to find satisfaction in their lives is someone who is "cool" for me and someone I would admire.

• Some people make anything look cool.

I think it's a coincidence that the smooth looking people are also smoking cigarettes...and also a little ploy.

• If Barney Stinson "the suited up cool guy" doesn't do it then just don't. And for the record he doesn't. Except for the occasional cigar and that is OK. Hate smoking, but do like the smell of a good cigar.

• neat. and I prefer men who have a sharp sense of dressing. I never bother looking at guys who don't know what to wear. dressing matters alot. and yes a person who is smoking in a suit would always look better that a 'gangsta' style 'boy' in loose baggy clothes.

• Clearly he isn't all that cool if he smokes. To me he just looks like an idiot. I mean come on, knowingly hurting your own body and everyone else's? What is that if not stupidity? Not appealing at all.

• No I think they look cool when they're smoking and wearing ripped jeans, some graphic T, chains, piercings, etc. Formal clothes don't do it for me.

• i personally smoke and am therefore more attracted to guys who smoke because I know they won't judge me about my habit, and I'm a hugeee sucker for a guy in a suit so yes a guy in a suit smoking is a huuuggee turn on.

• They don't care about their own health and they like to waste their money.

• The look in TV and film... hell yes and it still sells the way sex sells. But that's not reality. In reality hot guys/girls aren't smoking in public and looking like that. In reality most people just look normal, or they don't look well because they are smokers and need to smoke. I don't condone smoking tho

• in movies!

real life? yeah especially older people can pull off the suit and cigar look better then say people younger than 45.

but otherwise smoking is pretty trashy to me

• Smoking is gross in my opinion. It means that your breath will taste like cigarettes if we kiss you, your room, your car your clothes. No. smoking suit or not it screams at girls most of the time.

I'm sure there are girls who think it is hot but most of us don't.

• I think it makes them look stupid.

• Dead in 20 years

• They look so cool.

Not.

• Smoking is a huge turn off for me, 100% of the time. It smells, it's unhealthy, bad for the environment, and makes teeth yellow. Kissing an ashtray isn't appealing to me.

• ugly habit

• In reality I do not want to date a guy that smokes...it is a huge turn off when I think health wise.

But truthfully from a far a guy that smokes is kind of interesting to me...that sounds stupid :p It's intriguing/edgy I suppose.

• In general, it is kind of a hot picture to imagine. But in reality ... I wouldn't want to date a smoker or be around a person all the time who's lighting up, regardless of how sexy he looks in a suit.

• All smokers are uncool.

• All I can picture is those black lungs.

• I'd probably think that said person looks good, but shame about the habit :/

• Lung cancer

• Its hard to tell.. smoke makes my eyes water so lol

• I think "turn off"

• any guy that smokes is a turn-off, I don't care if he's in a suit or his pajamas. it's gross.

• X_X

• No.

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 11

• The difference is simple. Smoking looks cool/sexy. It's slow and smooth, draws attention to one's hand and mouth. There's a ton of visual appeal in it, which is why it works in tv/film. In reality though, there's the smell, which completely obliterates all of the visual appeal for many people. It looks good, but only if you can't actual smell it. The presence/absence of the smell is what does it for most people.

• I think most non smokers think smokers look stupid when they smoke. It is almost cool to make fun of smokers in today's culture. Maybe smokers might think it is a little cool, but they likely won't notice.

• Well I guess ill be the one going against the grain on this one so bring on the dislikes lol. I do not smoke, however I think an attractive girl that catches my eye is only that much hotter when she lights up. Granted it may not be all that cool 15-25 years from now when she's got a stoma and sh*t, I get that part. I'm just saying that in my personal opinion, her hotness level jumps up to me when she lights up.

• It's not cool. It does make them lose their attractiveness points a lot.

• only if he's smoking a joint without tobacco.

cigarettes are for losers.

• if I see a hot girl... then she pulls out a cigarette.. she turns into an ugly girl

• Smoking what? Weed and cigars are cool. Cigs are not.

• It's an instant turn off. A hot woman, smoking, instantly makes he ugly

• I never caught the "marketing" appeal of people smoking and it looking cool. So no, people that smoke...just smoke. That's it to me.

• Not at all

• I barely notice it.