Would you rather be rich and look poor or look rich and be poor?

So let me paint two pictures:

1. You have millions but you dress like a bum. Nobody knows you have money. You live in a small, sh*tty apartment. You choose to live modestly but you never have any money problems. If your friend is in need, you can give him/her money.

2. Everybody thinks you are rich. However, you don't have a dime. You have several suits or dresses but you have to hand wash them in your swimming pool because they regularly cut off your water and electricity. You live on bread and water. When you go out, you have to avoid paying the bill, even if it means running off. You go on holidays but in truth you have to work 12 hours a day while there.

• Be rich, look poor.
  • Look rich, be poor.

Most Helpful Guy

• OUTSIDE OR UNDERNEATH?-Shel Silverstein

Bob bought a hundred-dollar suit

But couldn't afford any underwear.

Says he "If your outside looks real good

No one will know what's under there"

Jack bought some hundred-dollar shorts

But wore a suit with rips and tears.

Says he, "It won't matter what people see

As long as I know what's under there"

Tom bought a flute and a box of crayons,

Some bread and cheese and a golden pear.

And as for his suit or his underwear

He doesn't think about them much...or care

What Girls Said 9

• I'd rather be rich and look poor. It sucks to not have enough money for the necessities. Money problems are no fun!

• look poor but being rich, cause then you don't have to worry about who's your friends and who's just opportunists

• This isn't really an issue. I think most people would opt for one because food, water and shelter are more important than status. So I choose 1

• Be rich and look poor easily, as long as I am comfortable money wise, I think I'll be fine not being able to flaunt my wealth.

• i would rather be rich and look poor so I don't get mugged

• Easily 1.

• be rich & look poor...atleast I'll have the mental satisfaction to know that I'm not in any money problem

• 1

• Be rich and look poor. I wouldn't dress nicely even if I were rich and I don't like large houses either.

What Guys Said 15

• Actually, I would rather be rich and look poor. For one thing I don't have too much desire for material things and I really wouldn't want to flaunt my wealth because I really don't want others to realize that I'm rich just so that all the people I wasn't close to in school and coming up would all the sudden try to remind me of how we were "best friends" and I would be like get out of my face with that.

• Number 1.

I'm not too bothered by material things and don't really need money to be happy or look rich to be happy. I'd be content with being comfortable with no money worries and don't have the stigma of being rich, I can see that being a far happier life style

• We will all (myself included) vote 1.

Then we will go buy more stuff with our credit cards.

• Any rational person would pick 1.

• Be rich, look poor ! Miser FTW!

The life of the inspiration for Scrooge is the life for me!

From Wikipedia on John Elwes:

"He went to bed when darkness fell so as to save on candles. He began wearing only ragged clothes, including a beggar's cast-off wig he found in a hedge and wore for two weeks. His clothes were so dilapidated that many mistook him for a common street beggar, and would put a penny into his hand as they passed."

• I would be rich and look poor rather than the opposite.

Money can do something about how you look.

• Rich and look poor. - That can easily be improved.

• Be rich, look poor.

• The first one sounds like a hero of mine, Rich Mullins. So give me the first one.

• Be rich, look poor. As Cassidy said:

Just a rubberband on my wrist, no jewels. I ain't got to prove I'm rich, I'm no fool.

• 1. Be rich, look poor. I'm happy with a hoodie, jeans, and a worn out pair of boots.

• be rich look poor lol

• Lol why on earth would anyone choose B?

• Be rich and look poor.

That way when a woman dumps my ass for being a "broke loser"

I can drive up to the club in my Lamborghini the next day an start throwing stacks of 100 bills at everyone except her.

• Rich and look poor for sure