Why do guys look at girls but girls don't ?

Its guys who look at girls and even turn heads to look at beautiful girls, but girls hardly look at guys , unless the guy is exceptionally good looking.

Is it that girls don't appreciate guys or they have very high standards that can make them look at them or even turn heads?

Most Helpful Girl

• We aren't as visual as men. I can see a guy and think, "Oh, he's attractive," and continue about my day but I won't be like, "Oh sh*t! Pause everything! That man! Damn he's fine!" And proceed to stare at him.

An attractive guy won't even cause a break in my stride. I can see him for a fraction of a second and keep moving.

What you men take in about a female's appearance by stopping, turning your head and staring, we take in in a fraction of a second and process immediately. Thus why we hardly ever stop and stare.

What Girls Said 3

• I look at guys ALL of the time!But the difference is,I don't make it obvious at all that I am looking.That's a difference between men and women.Also,If I don't think the guy is attractive,he won't get more than a split second look.Men do the same thing.If guys don't find a girl attractive,there is no reason to linger and stare.If I find him attractive,then it would definitly be more obvious that I am looking at him...I would make sure of that.The same as what men do.We are very much the same in that way,only women are more slick about it.

• High standards/don't wanna come off skanky.

• We look too. You're probably only looking for attractive girls to look at you so you miss the girls who don't immediately catch your eye.

What Guys Said 4

• Women only look at men who they find really attractive or the ones who are tall. I've hung out with women and I know for a fact they look. They do look at guys but only the guys who are really good looking or tall or both. And when they do look at them, they look at them a lot more than us guys look at girls who we find attractive. They actually make sure these guys notice that they are being checked out by girls while us guys try our best to look but not get noticed by girls due to the fear of being labeled a creep.

• I think they look; it's just not talked about. Most girls probably do have more self control though than the average guy.

• They have much higher standards for beauty than men. They consider 80% of men to be below average looking according to this study link

• Girls are generally much more subtle about everything. Plus, they are not as visual based as guys. So those who look, look very subtly.

• They are actually more visual than men. The only reason most men fail to realize that because a lot of women are willing to settle for lesser attractive men for their money. When they are young, most of them only give minority percent of the male population to have their sexual needs fulfilled by their looks, height, or buffness and then when they are older a lot happen to settle for geeks that they ignored when they are younger since they now make money. Plus the lack of available men they want

• Sure they are... that's why women spend billions on the visual erotic arts, like playgirl magazine and... oh wait, no, that's utter sh*t.

• I have to agree with my usernamerules anonymous.I think women are VERY visual,just as much as men...but with age,some women start to settle and compromise thinking,"Okay,he is not attractive,BUT he would be able to provide for me,and any children we have in the future."Just look at Millionaire Matchmaker.Most of those guys are frogs,and you have pretty women lining up and competing almost to date them.Not because of the guys look of course,but moreso for the perks of being with a millionaire.