How old is enough.. Age factor

There is girl in my school, she's clingy, smart, and loving. She has all those girlie aspects of a girl! I am old fashioned guy so I lilke them to extra girly... I sometimes join them too! Anyways this girl is 3 years and 2 1/2 month apart. She's a freshman and I am a senior.. I have dated from softmore to senior girls. And I am not thirsty or anything but this girl really makes my day. It worries me because if I seek a long term relationship with her... The moment I leave high school I am going to a university in Utah and it'll be very far away from california... What do you guys think? After I am done with high school she'll be a softmore and ill be a freshman in college... When I am a senior in college she'll be a freshman in college... Women mature faster then men which is a + for me... But what do you guys suggest. Give me the pros and cons and why it should be or not... Thank you.. I'll choose BA in the first 24 hours!

Thanks for your honestly guys I really appreciate it!

Most Helpful Girl

• Well obviouslly you really like this girl. The only problem is maturity levels...I mean I matured so much from my freshman to my sophomore year. I mean in reality 2 years appart isn't much at all but its the fact that you guys are in high school that makes it different. It just has difficulty written all over it. I mean what happens if you expect her to do something and she isn't ready for it. That will make both of you frustrated. Also when you graduate you are going to go meet a lot of new girls and you probablly want to experience your college years fully and not have to hold back at parties. What if you got drunkand slept with some other girl. You don't want that on your concience. Plus driving to see her would b a pain. Maybe in the future when you are both out of college you will meet again and get maried haha:)

What Girls Said 9

• Well I'm 16, a sophomore in HS, and my crush is 19, a freshman in college, but I also grew up faster than most people due to certain circumstances. If you both understand the difficulties of a long term, long distance relationship I see no problem with it

• As much as if love to promote this relationship, long distance relationships almost never work out. Even I you were the same age, and both drove, it would be extremely difficult to maintain the connection throughout the overwhelming challenges of at least four years of college. With the age factor, you'd have to deal with her parents' approval, the illegality of it (age of consent), social stipulations, her inability to drive for the next two years, her still immature mind, and countless distractions on both of your parts. To top off my depressing list of cons, it is very late in the school year, and the minuscule amount of time you'd be together for- prior to shipping out - isn't enough time to form a bond strong enough to weather the strain of college.

• I'm sorry to give a post full of discouraging points, but remembering myself as a freshman, I would've been completely unable to handle a boyfriend who was going off to college. We do mature faster than boys, but we definitely aren't at the point you're looking for while still freshmen. Might I suggest casually dating her until the end of the year/when you visit from college? This way you can form a bond without the commitment problem, as well as maintain a constant presence in her life.

• If, after college, you are still seeing her, and have maintained a strong interest, you can move things to the next level and become an official couple.

• If it were college I'd say it's okay but for high school it's bad timing. There is a big difference between 18 and 15 as opposed to 21 and 18. You're about to go off to college which would present challenges even if you weren't going so far away. Plus she's young and something like that could hurt her a lot.

• I've always believed that dating anyone under a junior is a bad idea. those college years are when you start to know who you are and that two year difference in high school has a bigger impact then you'd think. me and my Boyfriend had a mere one year distance and it makes a huge impact. I don't know what it is but you gain so much maturity and change so much in those years. after a while, dating someone younger gets painful. when you graduate and start dealing with hard life matters like where to have a job and how to live and you know adult problems, the understanding between you too grows a huge hole and it gets hard to relate. A good friendship is always better then a screwed up relationship. give her a few years and maybe try again if you get the chance. the chances will be better that it could work out.

• Do you know she likes you? Have you talked about this with her? Try to get her P.O.V on the situation. I know if I liked a guy and he wouldn't date me, I'd like to know the reason. Definitely give it a chance. My mom and step-dad have been together for 12 years, and he moved to Ohio 3 years ago. They use Skype and FaceTime to talk, or call each other. If you've really fallen for this girl, don't walk away from a wonderful opportunity. She could be your soulmate. Anyways, if I were you, I'd tell her how I feel. Maybe she would consider moving to Utah with you once she's 18.! She can go to college there and you can see each other everyday.!

• That's all trivial High School perceptions of judgement. I say, go for it. If you care about someone, other people's opinions shouldn't matter because you get to be with that person. I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 28 and when we first started dating, my parents were rather apprehensive about the age gap, but he and I both proved that our infatuation withstood the judgement of such a large age difference and we've been happy for almost a year.

• No, don't do that to a young girl. It's not right to have her wait at the age of 15 for you while you go to Utah. I would usually say go for it, but ask her parents... In this case, no that is not fair to her at all

• I feel like you should wait and see what happens at college. I know she is probably a really great girl but at the same time I've done long distance with a guy and it didn't work out at all :P and another thing I've learned yes even though we do mature quicker you are also going to be changing quite I bit going to college so I feel like you should see how you feel after you have done some college!

• 1-5 years older.

What Guys Said 1

• Age factor doesn't really matter.

If you like that freshman girl, then ask her out.

Give her your time and attention.

I've even seen women of 19 years old go for guys who are 35+ of age.