How would you define 'attractiveness'? is it physical appearance or personality?

each time I heard someone commented he or she is attracted to another but does it just mean looks only?especially if the other party is someone they don't even know well then it can't be personality.

Most Helpful Girl

• Initially, it's physicality that determines "attractiveness," followed by personality. However, I find that personality can alter one's physical appearance, in a way.

What Guys Said 4

• Physical looks are how people determine who they want to get to know better. Personality determines how much we care to know.

The Internet has allowed us to meet people we've never seen and get to know them by personality alone but that is relatively new, evolutionarily speaking. We are wired to pick out potential mates buy physical characteristics.

• If it's from a guy, it would be based from physical appearance, always.

If it's from a girl, it could be one or the another or just a combination.

• A combination. Even if you don't know someone well, they still give off a vibe that you can pick up on.

• both but for me personality comes first and some time I don't care about the physical appearance at all.

What Girls Said 3

• Most of the time it is looks, but if I want to date someone then they have to have the personality to go with it. I can meet a really hot guy, but then I find out he's an a**hole so I wouldn't want him. Looks are what attract people first... I think that goes with most people.

• Some like personality, some like physical appearance, I like a blend of both :)

• It depends on the person some people don't notice a persons looks and some it's all about looks