Why do only really pretty women go for me?

I'm not looking for an ego boost. I might get really pretty ones, but it seems the ones who aren't so physically appealing just don't notice me. Pretty women have assumed there's a long line of women who are into me. I'm social, talk to all the women, even when I'm not into them, and a little nerdy, so I don't think I'm intimidating. I'm not the best looking guy either, I'm smart and from what I've heard, charming though. Am I just not picking up on the signs from most women? It's not like I can't get girls. I get them rarely, but they're always really pretty and guys will assume I'm a pimp. A girl I'm talking to who's really pretty told me she has a feeling I have really high standards, even though I didn't tell her anything. Not really the case though. There was a girl today who kept looking over her shoulder at me, so she couldn't hide the fact that she was looking at me. She was talking to guys, THEN looking over her should at me. BUT...as soon as a I thought "well she's kinda cute" and she ended up talking to someone else and ignoring me. I'm not jealous, but are the prettiest ones just more aggressive? Am I just unresponsive if they're not really pretty?

Pretty doesn't mean stupid, and a lot of them ARE intelligent (contrary to the myth that they're immature and have an undeveloped personality). I just don't NEED them to be really pretty. Women that excite me just by looking at them are rare, and some of the less physically attractive ones just seem to pass me by.
Well, the girl today, I'd seen around, and she's cute, I was was thinking "well she's giving me enough signs, I should see if she wants coffee something" but as soon as a guy crossed her path she ignored me. I'm not gonna say it's all about me and she was trying to get me jealous, but prettier women just seem more focused and less distracted. Is that just a women's way of communicating that there's competition?

Most Helpful Girl

• Based on your description, the most obvious explanation is that, assuming these less pretty girls are into you, they may find you intimidating in some sense. I guess people respond best to what their experience teaches them, and if an average looking girl finds that "less attractive" guys respond to them best, they may just feel more comfortable engaging with that kind of guy. They may also be less assertive in a pick up context, and wait for special attention / specific signals before they decide it's a good idea to go there.

It may also be a matter of preference. Some girls genuinely don't find the alpha male personality attractive. Some like the subtle, softly spoken type. Some prefer to be approached by someone warm and inviting, rather than by someone boisterous and overtly confident. Etc etc. "Different strokes for different folks" -- as I was just taught by another GAG user. Simple, but profound!

If there's someone in particular you're trying to get closer to, I would suggest giving them a bit more special attention, to make it obvious that you've noticed them. If you're trying to figure out a way to make all women weak in the knees, well, that's just being greedy, isn't it?

What Girls Said 3

• Lol maybe the not so pretty ones get intimidated by the fact that pretty girls are after you and that they go all like "Naaah I'm way too out of his league. All the pretty girls are after him. pfft"

• well, since you've mostly only dated "pretty women", the other lot might think that you're shallow? They have come to believe that it's only looks that you care about and the other things don't matter. That might be your problem. I'm not saying that you ARE shallow. You might need to change your reputation. I could be wrong but it's only a possibility.

• Are you complaining that good looking women are into you? Haha!

It's possible that the prettier ones are more aggressive because they may have more confidence.

What Guys Said 1

• It seems that in your area, it's really crowded by pretty women. It's nice to live in there someday.