Is it a deal breaker if the girl is one inch shorter than the guy or same height as him?

if they were to go to a party and she wore high heels she would be taller than him, would a guy not even consider such a girl? also if a girl is heavier than him and he is skinny and short than other guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm six foot two, so that doesn't happen very often. Still, no, it's not a deal breaker at all. It's not even a deal breaker for me if by some chance she's even TALLER than me. (Believe it or not, it's actually happened.) Still, I can only speak for myself. Some guys might get insecure about that. Some might not. Some prefer short girls. Some don't care one way or another. I'll tell this, however. If he considers it a deal breaker, on height alone, then consider yourself lucky, because that's shallow as all fuck.

Now the heavier thing might be different. I think for most people, more people are pickier about heavy people. I think perhaps even more common for a guy to be snobby if his girl is heavier than him. So that might be a bigger issue with more people than the height thing. Still, again, if he's gonna consider that a deal breaker, then we're right back to him being fucking shallow, so yeah, consider yourself lucky it doesn't last.

Anyway, no matter what, don't let this kind of stuff get to you. your height is not something you can effect, and your weight is more or less who you are (although you can change that, within reason) so don't let things like appearance be so important to you, or anyone else. If someone is really that shallow, as I said twice before, you're better off. Just be yourself, love yourself for what you are, and what you got, and never settle for anything less than a guy who loves you all the same, as for what you are. No less!

You'll be alright. Don't worry about this stuff. Just be tough, strong, and don't let the bastards phase you. Carry on!

• aww this made my day! yea I'm a bit heavier than him and I'm the same height as him. I think he friend zoned me automatically. he is a shallow jerk.

• So you're better off, then. There are definitely better guys out there. No question about it.

What Guys Said 10

• As a guy, it's not an issue for me; but it seems that many girls will refuse to date a guy shorter or even younger than her.

There was a local radio show that played a dating game kind of show with several listeners. The girl got to choose the guy in the game. So, they had about 3 - 4 guys, which they cut down for various reasons, some being good reasons not to date someone.

She picked a guy; they happened to have a lot in common, it seems like they're set up for a great date (paid for by the station); rattling through the things they had in common, she was VERY interested... he had a good job, made decent money, liked doing the same stuff she liked; was tall (she loved tall guys), he worked out, all that... then she found out the guy happened to be a day or two younger than her.

She just refused to go out with the guy that, up till then, had seemed like a great match; refused a free meal and some entertainment because he's "too young" for her. You could tell the on air personalities (and the guy) were really confused.

• It's usually a deal-breaker for girls not the guys

We won't care as long as you're not TALLER than us 'coz then it's getting really awkward and emasculating

And heels don't count, if you're taller with heels... no big deal, yet most of guys are taller than most of girls even when they wear heels

• I like tall girls! It is definitely okay!

• No deal breaker here. Height is one of the last physical aspects we look at

• Yeah, I wouldn't care. I'd love you for you. If you're taller, then more legs for me to play with ;)

I'm short/average 5'7 so a lot of girls are taller than me.

• Not at all. I don't really prefer her TALLER than me though.

• And even if she is taller, it's not, aslong as she's my type looks wise.

• Yes altough the height problem would be less important as long as she doesn't wear heels around me

• No, why would it be?

• no not at all, probably better, though I wouldn't know about any of that, never kissed. it'd probably prevent future back problems lol

• hell no I find it sexy if a girl is tall love those long legs they just look so sexy.

• i like this guy I don't think he's into me he's the same height as me

• well find out if he's into you because you don't want to waste your time waiting for somethings that's never going to happen. If he's not into you then move on its his lost.

What Girls Said 1

• Depends on the guy as there will always be some insecure ones but I agree with the answers above that it should not matter to guys or girls for that matter. I'm 5'11 and have dated two shorter guys...one 5'10 and one 5'7. The 5'7 guy was much more comfortable about it and even loved it when I wore 4 inch heels.