Even short girls do not prefer short guys?

It seems being short is sort of a curse for a guy. Tall girls obviously do not prefer short guy and even the guy won't prefer tall girl as she would be intimidating him...but what's weird ir that even short girls donot want short guy even though he is taller than her, even a 5feet girls wants a 5feet 8 guy...! And if she happens to be with a 5ft 4 guy for some reason she would always point out that he is short guy and she is compromising on it.

Sometimes it seems short guys (5ft 6 and less) should accept fate and just give up on dating/relationships/girls and just live alone.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am 5'4. I admittedly seek out tall men. All the men in my family are tall. My father is 6'1, one of my uncles is 6'8, my male cousins are all 6'3+, my boyfriend is 6'5. I blame it on how I was raised. Men in my family are tall, and men in my hometown are tall as well. There are very few shorter men.

However, I have a friend who is 5'1 and she is of the opinion that any man over 5'6 is way too tall. So there's hope for you shorter guys yet :)

What Girls Said 7

• LoL of course the taller, the better.

But I'm fine as long as he's taller than me (5 feet).

• awww so short lol. *puts you back in your cage* :P

• Shortest guy you have seen /been with?

• As long as he's taller than me, I don't ask about the height.

So I don't know. xD

• I can't speak for most of the girls but I will rather speak about my self ..

I definitely admire tall guys because I simply feel protected with them but I won't say reject a guy just because he is short ! I'm supppppper short that's a fact I can't deny .. I don't enjoy being this short thou ! GoodLuck with that ..

• "supppppper short" ? Like how much? What height are u? And what's your ideal height of guy that you would prefer? Dream guy height?

• Tell me , IF I married a short guy what on earth would our children be?

But at the end , love breaks all the rules!

Why what's your height ? 155 or something ?

• Protected! A lot of guys short guys do weightlifting, football, hockey, boxing, mma, ufc, wrestling, martial arts, fighting sports, military, armed, law enforcement. They'd be able to protect you from anyone. In fact on many team sports the shortest players tend to be the leading scorers.

• I'm 5'0 and I will NOT date a short guy at all whatsoever. Hate them, I've never liked them ha ha Seems like the shorter they are, the more macho they have to be.

• Gee I wonder why? Maybe because we can't compete on the appearance scale so we have to outperform in other means to be taken seriously by otherwise superficial women?

• Short guys are not ideal, just as tall girls are not ideal

But short guys shouldn't accept some make belief fate and give up

• 2d

If short guys aren't ideal and don't want short guys can you see why short guys would give up?

• Short girls subconsciously go for tall guys to correct the short gene. We want taller kids.

• And tall girls obviously do not want shorter guys! How weird. Short guys would just give up?...and why do people feel they need to point out that guy is short?

• You're welcome

• Tall kids, what if your son becomes short like you instead of tall like dad, he'll blame you for it and you and your husband will feel bad about it. I've seen it happen a lot. Besides you should only care about who your kids become on the inside. Also, just cause your parents are short doesn't mean you'll be. My uncles 6'1 and his parents are 5'7 and 5'1. My bros 6'0 our parents are 5'9 and 5'2. I've also seen plenty of athletes who tower over both their parents, usually shown during senior nights, graduation, and family photostos.

• No. Out of all the girls I know there is only one who gives a sh*t about whether a guy is tall or not, and even she's dated short guys before. Also, I don't like tall guys (but I still wouldn't turn one down because of his height because that would be silly, just like most girls don't turn short guys down just because of their height).

• You must've not seen many short guys ask women out then.

• I genuinely have no height preferences when it comes to men. I've dated men shorter than me, men close to my height, and men that were a lot taller than me. It never made any difference.

• When dating short guy or equal height, somewhere you might have been unhappy and unsatisfied with his height. Agree?

• No, I don't agree. Like I said, it didn't matter. It didn't even enter into my mind.

What Guys Said 7

• if deryck whibley (who is awesome, btw) can get avril lavigne, you can get anyone.

besides, the two most successful people with women I've ever seen in my life. one if 5 foot 5 and the other is 5 foot 6

• Yes. They are an evolutionary dead end.

• Yup . Totaly agree :-)

• It's so nice being tall.

• Yup. Congrats for it dude. Enjoy the lottery and blessing.

• It's unfortunate but you've got to play the hand you're dealt. It's just like fat or ugly girls have a tough time, it's going to be hard for short guys. I mean, some of the hotest chicks around are petite but have banging curves, big boobs, tight asses, the whole package. So EVERY guy is going to want to get with them. And a lot of those girls subconciously find the bigger guys more attractive. It's just the way it is.

So you better get to work coming up with some sort of angle to get the girls you want.

• I have a few short friends who do really well with the ladies.

Where I live it's considered hot for a girl to be tallish and it's very rare for tall guys to date short girls, they just don't want them. That doesn't mean short girls give up on love, and short guys shouldn't either. I think as people get older height matters less and less.

• Dude ,where do you live? Where is it considered hot for girl to be tallish? And do girls like being taller than guy?

• I live in a small European country. Tallish and elegant is what's considered best for a girl. Girls do like that a guy is the same height or taller, but they usually don't care if it's just one cm/inch taller or 20 or same height. There *are* some girls that date men who are shorter than them too.

• I'm 6'6" and my senior prom date was 4'10".

• She might have liked your height, but did you like her height?

• She was difficult to 69 with.

• Haha, yeah! :-p

• posts like this make me feel good about being 6'4". you made my day. thanks man.

• With all the kindness I can muster please jump down a well

• It seems like short girls care even more about getting a tall guy lol