Do you look down on anyone who likes the Twilight series?

I hate the Twilight series and I refuse to have anything to do with anyone who likes it.

Just editing to say I am not talking about teenagers.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on why they like it haha. For example, if they had some good things to say about the way it was written (I can't think of any), then, okay, fine. But if they just get dreamy eyed and talk about how Edward is the perfect guy, I can't take you seriously after that. Edward is kind of a jerk hahaha... he basically told Bella that she would be getting an abortion without asking her first. Not to mention he stalked her all through the first book.

That's what really bugs me about the series I guess... it's the messages they send to their younger female audience. Bella is a dull character who doesn't have to take responsibility for anything because she has two guys who love her and will do anything for her. Jacob is a pretty nice guy who cares about Bella and makes sacrifices for her, but she chooses Edward over him because who knows why. Edward is kind of just a big jerk. Actually, so is Bella hahaha; in the last movie, since Bella turned into a vampire, they were going to tell her father that she died and fake her death. Ouch.

Personally, I only read the first book, but I admit I do enjoy some of the movies. They're hilarious if you don't take them seriously haha. Every staring contest between Bella and Edward in the first movie just cracks me up.

What Guys Said 6

• There is a lot of good fiction in the vampire genre and Twilight is some of the most tedious out there. I find people who enjoy it have not read enough to know that it is drivel.

• True. There is good werewolf fiction out there as well.

• No, I never did - hating on teenage girls is just pathetic, same about all that Rebecca Black stuff - it receives way more hate than it deserves

I don't like Twilight - (perhaps because I'm not a teenage girl) but I have actually seen it and I could name a lot of reasons why that movie is just 'meh' yet being "a tough-guy" online and relentlessly bullying people who like it... well - c'mon, that's just sad!

• well I wouldn't hate on a teen girl for it or anything for that matter, teens don't know any better... I'm meaning people my age or older

• I think you grossly misunderstood ... everything what I said

Just leave it be

• Sorry, maybe I did. I just don't like that you thought I like bullying teen girls which is something I would never ever do.

• Do I look down on them? Ehh, not really

• Naw it's just a lame movie series. my mom really likes it though... haha

• No. They're entitled to like whatever they want.

• I don't look down I just disagree with their choice of books

What Girls Said 4

• Really? Over some books and movies? Hipster much?

Refusing "to have anything to do with anyone who likes it" is a bit much. Yeah, some people go a bit overboard with the series but it's really not that serious. I've read the series. It wasn't anything special. I couldn't care less if someone liked it or hated it. Why would it be that big of a deal to you? Let people like what they want, ya know? :P No need to be that drastic.

• Because the people I do know who have read it, who are in their 20s by the way talk about how they wish they could get an Edward, and then put their boyfriends or husbands on a pedestal for it. I know someone who left her husband a year ago just because he wasn't like Edward. I know another one who named her kids Isabella and Renesmee because of the series. So I don't like hanging out with people like that. There is something wrong with being obsessed with a book like that.

• No, especially if they don't take it seriously. I mean, it's not great literature and is certainly not meant as good role-model material for teens, but it's entertaining in its own way. Some parts are too funny, like in the movie, when Edward has this look of utter despair on his face when he shows Bella that... OMG, he sparkles! xD

However, Twihard moms who harass Taylor Lautner are just creepy IMO.

• why would I look down on them?

• I think it's a little weird for older people to love Twilight like they do. I used to work in a call center and women in their 50s had Twilight pictures all over their cubicles, a supervisor even had am Edward life-sized catboats cutout in her cubicle.

While I think it's weird, I didn't hate them or anything. I'm sure they thought some of my interests were weird too, like my "I <3 zombies" lanyard that I kept my badge on, haha!

To each his own :-)

• Thank you. :)

• A girl I work with left her husband a year ago just because he wasn't "Edward" enough, and another one I know through a friend named her daughters Isabella and Renesmee. She has another one on the way, and I feel sorry for the kid because it will probably be named after a Twilight character too. That's why I don't have much to do with people like that, lol.

• I hear you. I want to name my future son Jasper, and if anyone asks if I named him after the Cullen I'm gonna lose it.