Girls who wear makeup or wear daily beauty enhancers?

Do you judge your physical attractiveness based on your enhanced look or based on your plain/natural look?

• Natural
  • Enhanced
  • See results
Especially in situations like this

link

link

link
IDK how I'm gonna word this, but the first male answer brought up a point I see as interesting. I'd like to also know that if someone rates themselves higher when enhanced is it OK to then want a more attractive partner although the enhancements will come off at some stage or even to shun some peopl from their non-enhanced attractiveness because they are now more attractive

Most Helpful Girl

• Natural look for myself. I've slowly cut out most of the makeup from my daily routine because I think looking good naturally is more impressive than putting on makeup to cover flaws, which is something anyone can do. It goes beyond the looks too in my opinion, because maintaining a healthy and beautiful face/hair takes a lot of work and shows dedication.

I judge the physical attractiveness of others mostly based on their facial structure, like symmetry, defined jawline and cheekbones, if the shape of the nose is harmonious with the rest of the face, and also the condition of the skin.

It's amazing how makeup can transform a person's looks, especially after looking at the pictures you posted. Anyone can put on makeup and (if done well) it will make them look better. So when a person who has a nice face to begin with puts on makeup, they already have a huge advantage over average looking people and they look that much better. So in my opinion the natural look is what really determines how much better a person will look with makeup on, and some people are fortunate enough to have learned how to apply makeup skilfully to maximize the results.

At the end of the day the makeup comes off and we're left with what we naturally have.

What Girls Said 13

• I judge how attractive someone looks, based on how attractive they look; with or without make up. I think if someone looks good, they look good. Doesn't matter if they look that way naturally or through enhancements.

• I guess both? I think all the girls in your link are beautiful regardless, and look so glamorous with that makeup!

I usually just wear a little foundation to even out my skin tone and mascara to darken my lashes (they're long but really light), so I usually don't go all-out like those girls.

Eyeliner, heavy eyeshadow, AND popping lipstick, etc. is a little much unless you'll be under a hot stage with bright lights for a concert or something.

• Even lipstick isn't really necessary if you have good circulation there, exfoliate enough and wear a super-moisturizing lip balm.

I do however love using different shades of lipstick (light pink, peach, red, golden bronze, golden gloss, etc.) for glamour purposes or for a professional look, or a nude to downplay my lips and make my eyes pop.

• I have a good comparison: Here's Taylor Swift with natural makeup: link If she had to cover up a bunch of acne to get that look, of course I would say she looked more beautiful with makeup

And then there's her with red lips: link

I think she's equally attractive both ways, but the red lips are more glamorous and it comes down to personal preference.

• In response to your update, I don't try to date the most conventionally attractive guy I possibly can. If he's attractive enough for me to have a strong chemistry with him and we "click," that's good enough for me. And him being mine makes him the most attractive ever. :)

• Oh man that's actually a good question. Never thought about it before but now that I am I'll say on my 'enhanced' look.

• Oh man that second girl is so beautiful, I'd kill to look like her, seriously. Pretty with or without make up ha ha (and yeah we know what she does for a livng)

• Yeah I freaking love all the models here. QA did good. xD

• Both

if I'm wearing makeup that day I'll probably be a 5

If I'm not wearing makeup that day(which is usual) I'll be a 4-4.5

Either way, I'm still very plain and average

But when I answer "rate yourself" Q's on here, I always go by w/o makeup since I hardly wear makeup...so I give myself a 4/5(on a VERY good day)

• @ the first update: In that case their make is beautiful. I usually say, "oh, your make-up is beautiful" not, "you are beautiful"... I know that sounds cold or a bit stuck up, but I see make-up as an accessory. Kind of like how you would say they have nice schools

• If someone has too much make up on I usually think they are hiding something and are not attractive. The less the better on the attractive scale

• On my natural look... The guy is going to see me like that from the start. So, there's no covering up.

I can't base it off when I wear make up because it's not the same.

I do think I look okay with mascara or eyeliner on. I can't do make up heavily like the girls you've linked and say I'm attractive.

• I judge myself based on my natural look. I have pretty much flawless skin, dark eyelashes, dark eyebrows and pink lips. So I don't think I need these enhancers. I only wear mascara if anything at all. Plus I'm too lazy to put all that slap on my face every morning and I don't think it's worth it.

• Natural

• No but I know other people do. There's only so much makeup can do for one person. I'm alright with and without it, in my opinion but I feel more confident with it on.

• Im pretty much like the second girl, without makeup my skin has some red spots and slight acne, but nothing bad. Every day I wear foundation, blush and mascara, so I'm not unrecognizable, but yeah I do look better.

And I'm also aware that there will be some situations when I won't have my makeup on, so I don't rely only on my enhanced looks.

But I mostly judge my looks in the moment, so it depends if I'm at the gym,school or getting ready for a party, it is different, but only slightly.

Without makeup I'm probably a 6.5, and with it a 7.5 or 8.

• I base it on both of them, depending on how I look at the moment.

On the other hand, my make up is very slight, I only take 5 min: my skin tone sunscreen/foundation, brushed powder (slightly), light blush and close to my skin tone lipstick.

The difference of me with or without make up is very slight. I don't really have pimples or anything on my skin, I just use it for the sunscreen and the powder so it doesn't look wet.

I mainly just wear makeup when there is sun or if it's an event.

• I judge by both but honestly true beauty is when you're beautiful without makeup.but at the same time if you look good with makeup I'm not gonna say well she's not beautiful because I haven't seen her bare faced

What Guys Said 2

• I'd guess they'd go by their enhanced looks and that's why they get so insecure in relationships because they know they are different looking without make up and don't want to be seen with it off

• Most girls judge by their enhanced look. Which also explains why some recent studies have concluded that:

-the average girl thinks she is actually more attractive than she really is often rating herself a 7/10 when she is really a 5/10.

-the average girl thinks the average man is not attractive

• Yeah. The last point is why I actually asked the question. I have noticed that trend and was wondering where it came from

• I notice most people on here, including guys, rate themselves higher than they are...the worst part is other ugly guys or girls tell them it's OK to have high standards

• That's true. Men also overestimate and perceive themselves as more attractive than they are (imo nothing on the level of what women can trick themselves to thinking they are) and some have unrealistic standards.