Are shoes a factor in attraction?

I've heard multiple times that nice shoes are a turn on for women. It sounds ridiculous but then I've heard a few admit to this. Does it really matter?

• Good shoes matter
  • Shoes don't matter at all

Most Helpful Girl

• In terms of a man to a woman, high heel shoes particularly stilettos are seen as attractive because they elongate a woman's legs, also making them appear slimmer, more toned, and add a bounce to the walk. It also may be a socioeconomic indicator for both men and women. Having nice sneakers may be seen as "cool" to your piers at school, a man having nice shoes may indicate he has a lot if money to women, and a woman wearing designer shoes may be seen as more stylish and rich to her lady friends. Being a woman, I personally do not place a man having a lot of money high on my priorities for a mate, but MANY woman are attracted to money and status in a man to an extent and as far as I know men are visually attracted to women with nice legs.

What Girls Said 20

• For me, shoes aren't like some kind of deal breaker or whatever, but shoes can say a lot about the person wearing them. I don't care about name-brand or expensive, but rather clean or well taken care of.

And I don't know about nice shoes being a turn-on, but it is good to at least see guys wearing the right shoes for the right occasion, wearing shoes that don't look like they're about to fall apart any second, etc... same thing applies for the ladies too.

• For me, I don't care about your shoes. Of course I rather see some nice clean ones but I don't mind dirty ones with paint dripped. That just shoes me what kind of job you have a d how tough you are rawr.

I don't know if that makes sense but it's late by me and my eyes hurt from my phone.

• Not really, at least not for me. Sure, nice shoes and clean clothes are always a plus, but in my opinion not exactly a turn off or a huge deal breaker. I would be pretty turned off though if a guy wears dirty clothes and stinky and extremely worn out shoes. But I think pretty much everyone would be turned off by that. So, nice shoes and nice clothes are definitely a plus, but not a huge turn on.

• If a guy has a sweet pair of kicks on big feet he already has a 2 point advantage on the rating scale. I usually look at the face first but shoes can be a real turnon. The guy has to be able to rock them and look comfortable and not like he's playing dress up though. Best brands are Nike, DCs, and Osiris but there are plenty more.

• Put it this way, when you walk around, possibly looking at girls and finding some you like, do you analyse their footwear first.

• I'm a guy, I'd be lucky to notice if they're wearing shoes or not. ha ha ;)

• They're not a factor for me. Sure, nice shoes look good, but it's the last thing I notice. I don't really care if guys' shoes are dirty or old. But if they have huge holes in them and he refuses to buy new ones, that's kind of a red flag for me (it says he's cheap). But otherwise I don't care.

• Nope, unless if you wear shoes on your face then no. I look at a persons face long before I look at their feet.

• Idk maybe if your shoes (or anything else about you) are one extreme or the other, than probably yea hit would be a turn off. But in general? Nope. Couldn't care less.

• Shoes aren't a turn on for me, but they can definitely be a turn off.

Nasty, old, holey running shoes, no matter how good the outfit, aren't exactly going to make me want to jump you. Make sense?

• When I first look at a person I always look at their face not their feet. So no.

• Shoe is a part of good looking. Without a perfect matching shoe you never be complete in fashion. So you have to choice a shoe for showing and presenting yourself more attractive.

• I guess it just says something about you, like your style and stuff. Ultimately I am attracted based on face and body initially and wearing good clothes and shoes just heightens that attraction because it says you take care of yourself.

• Doesn't matter to me

• I like it when a guy has good shoes, but it's not a major factor.

• Yes it matter head to toe is important that you look good.

• of course.

• couldnt care less about his shoes...

• um yeah, only to shallow materialistic women.

• ah, so you mean most women?

• I can't speak for most women but literally the last thing I notice about a guy are his shoes.

• nah

• Hell no they don't matter. Sure, I might notice them, but they are in no way a deciding factor of my interest level whatsoever.

What Guys Said 17

• I don't really factor in their shoes. They'd have to be absolutely destroyed or something and the only thing I would think of is that she might not be able to afford a pair of shoes at the moment. But I have never really seen a case of this that I can think of.

I am however one of those that like seeing feet sometimes so if she's wearing sandals I might glance.

• Maybe when first meeting someone, you might notice their shoes. But if you start keeping company, the shoes aren't going to be a decisive factor...unless you're dealing with someone REALLLY extra shallow, and then, who cares what they think about you?

• I've asked kind of a similar question before, and most of the answers said that just the shoes themselves don't play a major role (unless they are absolutely hideous), but what's important is the entire outfit put together. Like, you shouldn't wear a basketball type shirt, shorts, and dress shoes all together.

• I appreciate a woman who dresses nicely, but I am more in tune with her face than her feet so in that aspect, shoes are nice, but not an important element when it comes to attraction.

• Depends what kind of girl you're trying to impress lol, if she's materialistic it might help to have nice shoes and look good. I wear nice shoes a lot, shoes that grab people's attention, but I've liked shoes my whole life basically and have always had a shoe collection. I get complements on my shoes a lot when I go out which leads to many conversations and so on...but for the most part I don't think shoes are a serious factor when it comes to a girl finding you attractive, I think it has to do with more of your personality when you talk to them.

That's just my opinion though, everyone is different :P

• Only to a certain extent. Wearing good shoes will add to your presentation and will make you a little more attractive, but that's far from the main factor. Just like wearing a good watch, a good tie or a good cologne, it will improve the overall impression, but it won't make or break you.

Your face body and personality (and by personality, I mean not just being nice but your social skills and the overall way you carry yourself).

As long as your shoes are clean, taken care of, appropriate for the occasion, and not too kiddy or colorful, you'll do just fine.

• its not something I focus a great deal of attention on

• Well do you think wearing sloppy shoes matters?

Of course good shoes matter, but they're not everything. But everything adds up.

• I think that's the last thing girls notice...if they notice them at all. That said, I have gotten a "I like your shoes" compliment before.

• Judging on shoes is mad superficial.

• Marriage based on shoes huh? Interesting...

• ive gotten compliments from strangers on my shoes so id say for some yes =D

• You cannot expect muddy shoes to turn most women on. It's not about fancy shoes, but wearing the appropriate ones for the occasion.

• I hate shoes. I find women most attractive when they are barefoot. If they have to wear shoes, flip-flops are best.

• It matters just cos it reflects someone's style and personality, I don't like girls wearing high heels

• A girl with sexy/cute shoes on attracts me more than one with ugly shoes. I'd guess it goes the same for women.

• It doesn't matter. What matters to women is your overall appearance and your personality.