Girls, what brand(s) of makeup do you usually purchase the most often?

Just a curiosity question that popped into my head.

Why do you choose to purchase the brands that you do, over one that you have tried and not liked?

Be as detailed as you wish. :-D

Most Helpful Girl

• for skin stuff like corrector, foundation, eyebrow pencil, concealer, I use department brand because skin needs are very specific and there is a wider range in department stores, I have also found department store to be higher quality maybe because skin needs are so different in every individual person.

for other makeup I use mostly drugstore. my favorite drugstore brand as a whole is either rimmel or loreal. but I also like prestige eyeliner a LOT, and revlon and physicians formula have some good products too. maybelline is decent but I am allergic to several of their mascaras.

What Girls Said 37

• I don't tend to stick too much to one brand. I shop mostly high street or 'drugstore' make-up, and I tend to buy different things from different brands. At the moment I'm really loving a lot of rimmel stuff but eh, that's just what's been catching my eye recently. My make-up collection has a whole array of stuff.

I have a couple of mac things which I love, and some bobbi brown; but my bank account doesn't really allow me to buy much high end stuff.

I can't really ever see me being loyal to just one brand; I like a bit of variety.

I have stuff from mac, bobbi brown, revoln, sleek, rimmel, No7, boujoir, collection 2000, 17, W7, maybeline, loreal, smooch, elf, MUA, look, me me me, nyx ... and probably a few other brands I've forgotten.

• I used to only buy Rimmel.

I now buy some Maxfactor stuff - it's very expensive but as I wear less make up less frequently, I'm willing to shell out for the top brand stuff. Also, I'm not 16 anymore, and I earn slightly more money :)

• To be perfectly honest, I don't wear makeup very often at all. And when I do, it's mostly just eyeliner or mascara. The last time I bought some was like a year ago (I'm bad) and that was Mary Kay. I was dragged to one of those party things and bought some to be supportive lol.

• Dior, bobbi brown, hourglass, MAC, estee lauder, and chanel. I am a bit obsessed with make-up and I will only buy long lasting good quality products and the fancy brands have such pretty packaging and colors also they tend to have a larger range of products.

• I won't buy anything that isn't hypoallergenic, non-irritating and noncomedogenic.

Physician's Formula, Just For Redheads, BareMinerals, and 100% Pure are my favorites. Almay is good in a pinch.

I usually won't buy anything else, haha.

• I also will only buy cosmetics made in the US, certain parts of Europe, and Japan. Their standards are more stringent, IMO. :)

• I only use products from chantecaille, Lancôme, Jane iredale and clarins. These products work best for me since I have very sensitive skin :)

• im curious why these girls are getting downvotes... aren't they answering the question?

• Some guy who (supposedly) is into the "all natural look", is having a bitch-fit about this question

• oh ha ha well if that guy thinks the "all natural look" is 100% makeup free he's really wrong

• my skin is kind of sensitive... so i use Yves Rocher, Miss Den, Maybelline, Melyssa... what i like with those brands is that they are quite affordable and safe to use...

• Covergirl, revlon, almay...

mostly lipstick. :p

I don't really wear makeup except for lipstick and concealer...sometimes I wear eye liner.

They are good quality, cheap and "get the job done"

• I usually get makeup from the drug store. I can't even say the brands of most of the makeup I own. Though I do love the Loreal True Match powder for foundation. I only ever spend a lot of money on mascara (since my eyelashes are blond and medium length) and right now my mascara is MAC.

• Interesting! I like to spend my money on other things so I really don't go for the expensive makeup brands. L'Oreal foundation (doesn't turn me as orange as others and decent coverage), Covergirl mascara, Revlon eyeliner, Rimmel London eyeshadow.

Always willing to try new things but I have tried and hated Covergirl foundation and blush, and Maybelline mascara.

• I would buy Mac, but it's so expensive, and there aren't many mac stores in england :L

L'oreal concealer, natural collection eyeshadow, no.7 pencil eyeliner.

When I was 15 I got a makeup box thing with loads of lip tints, eyeshadows and eyeliners. I have it to this day. But otherwise I don't really use that much makeup so I don't buy it.

• Maybeline for my eyeliner but just the Precise pen one , cover girl for my foundation , eye shadow I don't care , and other stuff I don't care

• Brand:ZA, VOV (Korean brand )
    Reasons:The colours are sweet and natural (spring colours) and they are reasonably priced.

• I don't purchase any make-up often because each item lasts me for months.

• I'm a big fan of the brand "two faced", it's great quality, looks really good on, and has pretty packaging, but it's usually pretty expensive so I only buy it if I want to treat myself. I usually use Rimmel or other cheap mascara and eyeliner, but I always splurge on my foundation because cheap foundation looks nasty

• I like cover girl, and ambi because they're some of the few that make makeup for darker skintones

• I personally like brands such as Dior, Chanel, MAC, Nars and illamasqua. I tend to buy from the same companies because of the quality of product, like high pigmentation in makeup. The higher the pigmentation the longer it will last as you don't need to use as much. Also I like nice packaging on my makeup, because it looks nicer in my makeup bag. Bad quality makeup usually doesn't stay on the face all day, which is just annoying and time consuming, because you have to keep sorting it out. :)

• Mac, Dior, Mary kay.

• Estee lauder For The Natural Look And Smash Box When I Wanna Glam It Up

• Elizabeth Arden,to be honest its pretty pricey but I just love the colors she has! I try to get all the Collections for each season right now I'm obsessing over the Fall 2013 collection I just love the Ox Blood red lipstick!

• Mac and Maybelline work the best forme

• Maybelline,L'Oreal

• MAC!

• Maybelline, Urban Decay and L'Oréal

• Dior, Lancôme, bobbi brown and MAC are my top picks

• I only use sephora eyeliner, mac mascara and nivea lip balm

• i always buy them online.such as Maybelline

• Bare essentials.

• Well for stuff like eye shadow I go to places like sephora but that place is expensive so things like mascara, eye liner, lip gloss and brushed I get at drug stores. Maybelline had good mascara

• I know most girls like only choose Covergirl

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 1

• Wellll, you knowww, it'sss all about the Maybeline, cuzzz like mayyybe she's born with it..or maybe it's just Maybeline...they're just left to like wonderrr you know what I'm sayin girlll