Is it wrong that I think only pale women should wear makeup

I feel like because tan women have the advantage of being pale, makeup will gave pale women a sense of security because they're not tan. Is this wrong?

I believe men should NOT wear makeup. Also, I'm pale because I can't tan, just like women who can't tan
Keep in mind I never said tan women shouldn't wear makeup, I just said, I find pale women who wear it to be attractive, while tan women who do, to not be attractive

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I feel it's true to some extent. I myself am tan and I don't wear any makeup whatsoever, while I feel that my much paler friends look strange without makeup.

• I'm sure yo tell your friends they look weird w.o makeup don't ya? Not! Good friend! Coincided. Lol

What Girls Said 21

• you can think what you like...doesn't mean anyone has to agree with you.

and FYI you're pretty pasty yourself.

• Yeah, it's wrong. For one, you shouldn't be telling any woman whether or not she "should" wear makeup. That's her decision and hers alone. Secondly, you're implying that pale women are naturally uglier than tan women and therefore need to wear makeup in order to be comparable, which is rude.

• Agree completely. Pale as snow here and I've never ever wanted to be tan.

• Yes, people should date inside their type. You have no business dating someone you're not attracted to. In situations where this happened to me, the guy made fun of my for my features because they didn't match his "ideal," yet was so desperate for -anyone- that he stayed with me. Don't be that guy, bro.

• I agree that they should. Better to be alone than to take advantage of someone you don't really like for the sake of having someone.

• This doesn't mane sense to me so tan women can't even wear eyeliner or mascara or conceal blemishes? Wtf? Many pale women like being pale... So basically you want every pale woman to load on bronzer to look tan... Da fuq?

• I don't like tan women wearing makeup, it's not attractive

• 4 up votes :)

• Thanks :D I'll thumbs up yours too if I haven't already :)

• think whatever you want, doesn't mean your opinion isn't stupid!

your coloring does affect how you look without makeup.

example my friend is Latina and she is not dark but she is not as pale as me and she has dark hair, dark eyelashes and eyebrows. without makeup she doesn't look bad at all. on the other hand there is this blond girl I know with pale skin and pale eyelashes and she looks really ugly without makeup, just so dead and washed out like a corpse.

having light eyelashes and eyebrows is the biggest killer. believe it or not eye makeup really is the item that brightens up a dead/washed out face. any girl looks more alive with eyeliner and mascara.but girls who have naturally dark eyelashes and eyebrows don't face that problem as much. especially if they also have skin that isn't so pale.

however it is also about your features, and some people may have an uneven complexion want to even it out. and anyone can have blemishes. anyone can have undereye circles.

makeup does a lot more than make your skin darker.

• lol so true I used to be a make up junkie in Highschool, That was before I started getting out to the beach more often and gardening, now I realize make up is just trying to mimic a sunkissed face; blush, bronzer, contouring. Even adding highlights is mimicing the natural sweat/oil from being active. (This is just for face make up not eye make up)

• Sorry I'm confused... What do you mean make up because they are pale... do you mean fake tan, or do you mean using foundation to make themselves look darker?

• I can understand you not wanting darker skinned women to make their skin darker, that's fine.

It's all personal preference. Personally, I like to be pale skinned with contrasting make up - but that's just me. There are a lot of women who don't suit the look. It's down to what suits you and what makes you comfortable. Personally, I don't like having darker skin, it makes me look a bit strange if its too dark.

• I don't like the super dark look on women but a little tan is nice

• Correct. Doritos don't need make up!

What's wrong with being pale anyways? Why do people act like its a sickness? If you're a white person, you're meant to be white. Tanning actually damages your cells. Why would you want that?

• im a pale girl and people say I shouldn't wear make up so there is actually no need to fit all of us pale girls into one category. I feel like maybe you think tan girls are more naturally attractive then pale girls. I feel like sometimes that is true and other times it isnt.

being pale is awesome and I don't tan because I'm comfortable in my own pasty white skin and I'm not interested in impressing douche bags that are sexually attracted to women with the skin color of a cheese puff, besides face > body.

• I don't think it's the color of the skin that matters, pale and no make-up can be as beautiful as tanned with no make-up. I think it depends on skin type, so rather if someone has pale skin but a rosy complexion, like myself, I like having rosy cheeks but I wear a little bit of foundation on my nose and chin to have a more even tone. Or some people who have spotty skin might need/want to cover it up.

As for eye make-up or lipstick that's a little more of a way to express yourself. In my opinion I don't like it when girls go over the top during the day, fake lashes and lipstick just to go shopping? personally it's a bit much, but it's up to the individual.

• Personally as a pale girl who wears make up, I understand PART of your argument.

I do think that some pale girls need makeup way more than some tanned girls do, because when you have pale skin, blemished and redness show more, also some paler people have loads of freckles which may be considered unattractive by some(I personally think freckles are quite nice in moderation)

however tanned girls should wear makeup too, if they want to, because of their tan the have this natural glow which is makes them look more healthy than some pale skin can look. I am really pale white, and if I don't wear facial makeup (foundation and blush) I can look quite ill. But I think that most tanned skin could get away with out it. Eyes, lips and eyebrows however are universal when it comes to makeup looks good on everybody!

• Meh,I think some tan girls look awful without make-up it just depends on the girl whether she is pale or not.

• well, I am sure that you would not say that a black girl should wear makeup because she would be ugly without it. Yes, saying that someone with a certain skin color looks bad is something that is wrong but at the same time you can`t really help what you think. Just don't go telling some pale girl that she needs to put on the makeup or you may get slapped.

• Pale girls are pretty. I wouldn't view paleness as a disadvantage, myself.

• By you saying this is totally crazy. So many women don't wear makeup and they can be white black or light shade or really pale. And lots of women do wear make up as well and are pale or dark or black or brown or a light brown or tan. I never heard this before. What makes a woman secure is various other reasons that have nothing to do with what she may or may not put on her face. If someone stoops that low to judge by looks then I think you have insecurity problems my pasty friend.

• You said nothing about who is and isn't attractive. You sari only pale web should wear makeup. It's your title. Because somehow that'll give them self esteem?

Not only is your opinion wrong, but your argument is completely illogical.

• I'm extremely fair and have no need to wear makeup as a sense of security...

I enjoy having pale, healthy, beautiful skin :)

• Huh? Do you mean just foundation, or what?

• ya its wrong

• This Is Wrong.

• Let's everybody calm down. QA is entitled to his opinion. Yes, we may not like his opinions. Yes, it may seem degrading to some people. And yes, he is looking down on dark women. But he is still entitled to his opinion.

QA doesn't have to keep his opinions to himself. He can argue with every answer he doesn't like. But that doesn't mean that his opinion is free from bias. And yes, he should speak with rationality, instead of being defensive.

• Confucius16. Get A Life.

• Why does it even matter?

• This doesn't make sense to me, haha! Pale and tanned women often want/need to even their skin tone out, smoothing it, making it look flawless. Needing/wanting to wear makeup has nothing to do with skin tone, but more to do with skin condition.

• So you're saying I'm wrong?

• All religions don't want you to waste money, yet I'm Jewish and still believe that women who are pale should wear makeup

• Oh, it isn't just about wasting money. It also has to do with surpressing desire. In my religion/culture, both men and women should be natural and not seek too much outside appearances. We don't believe in "seeking" or "greed". Natural is best. My religion is Buddhism.

What Guys Said 11

• There's nothing wrong with your belief that pale women should wear make-up. You are entitled to that belief. The problem comes in when you try to impose that belief on pale women. Some women actually have delicate skin which doesn't allow them to tan. Forcing them to tan could actually cause more harm to their skin than good. Other women actually try to remain pale to achieve a certain look (such as goth.) You cannot always attribute a woman's self esteem to her complexion as there may be other issues that are the cause of it. Furthermore, a lot of guys actually like a pale complexion and find it quite attractive. I personally believe that women have a hard enough time with the almost impossible standards of beauty already imposed on them to have to add issues like trading for a tan in exchange for skin cancer to the mix. If you're not attracted to pale women just look for someone who better suits your preferences and let them be. You may not like their pale skin, but someone out there does.

• Would it be wrong to think that dark women are the only ones that can wear makeup to cover their darkness? Definitely. Anyone can wear makeup.

Did you know that men sometimes put on makeup (President Kennedy)?

Anything goes. It isn't up to us to judge whether or not other people should do "this" or "that". Whatever floats your boat.

• @Is it wrong that I think only pale women should wear makeup:

You can think whatever you want to think. There is nothing right or wrong here. It is what it is. Are you unsure about yourself to have raised this question to validate your opinion by others' opinions?

• I disagree. I do think find it fine if pale women wore more makeup, but just because a girl is nowhere near pale, does not mean she shouldn't be allowed to wear makeup. If a girl wants to wear makeup, then let her do so. It's her body.

• It's not wrong. Though, all women love to be beautiful so it's really good if they have the freedom to wear whatever they think that makes them beautiful.

• It's your opinion but it seems like a stupid one

• Kind of like people who disagree with gay marriage

• What's your thing with gay marriage?! You seem like a bitter, narcissistic, discriminatory person who can't accept others thoughts or opinions because you're so narcissistic.

• Yet you go and block me, troll

• Not "wrong".

More like "incorrect".

Makeup doesn't work that way.

That's what a spray tan is for.

• Some guys,me formexample, like pale girls. There isn't Ny advantage/disvantage here.

• i prefer pale girls in general. it depends on how people use makeup.

• Uh... tan women look hot with eye makeup to.

• I don't see your thought as wrong. It's a matter of taste, which you have the right to.