How much sensitivity are you looking for?

So this is a question mainly for women but guys can chime in too.

I want to ask the ladies when your looking for a guy personality obviously is very important factor. So first question is how important is it for a man to be sensitive? And that leads to the next question, how sensitive of a man is too sensitive?

At what times when do you want him to express his sensitivity?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, that's a a hard question. To be honest, most girls don't like a guy that's OVERLY-sensitive. But, enough to be able to tell the person you're with how you feel. It's okay for a guy to show his sensitive side, just to a certain extent lol. For example, I had a friend who had a boyfriend at the time . . and they would get into fights and the next morning he would show up at her house crying and saying things like "I thought you loved me" and just weeping. They hadn't even broken up, it was just the typical girlfriend/ boyfriend fight. I was over her house, and I gotta admit it was so strange to see lol. & she used to tell me he cried about everything . . and I guess that is a little bit too sensitive. If it's something really small . . . I guess try to man up a little bit, and handle your emotions differently. But, once in a while it's okay to show your sensitive side . . especially if it's something big like a death in the family. The only reason we find it weird when a guy is sensitive is because we expect them to be like our protector, and us females are usually the super emotional ones lol.

What Girls Said 12

• Well of course it really depends on the man, the situation, and the person who is witnessing it. But, here are some starters for you.

Women, in general like to be comforted. Of course there are exceptions but this does appear to be the basic feeling. They want a man, or a partner who is able to feel empathetic, and sympathetic. Not the guy who is like "oh? Your grandma died? Suuuckksss!" A man who is sensitive to how she feels, and able to feel the same emotions as her is a must have. On the other side, the majority of women wouldn't like to be the one comforting all the time. The guy shouldn't be sniveling into her shoulder. While he should be able to cry and not be afraid too, it shouldn't earn him the name "little girl." Hope this helps...

• I can't measure it :) there isn't a Richter scale for it

but..he should be able to express himself and be vulnerable.

I don't want an impenetrable wall of a boyfriend.

If he is throwing the waterworks party at every little thing then yeah that's too much.

But a little vulnerability and a tear here and there is fine and welcome.

• This is a very general question and I am not sure in what situations you concentrate. I think is good to be sensitive but not weak. I would not want for a man to cry during a sad movie for example. find the balance between being strong and sensitive at the same time.

• Every girl is different, but most would agree that he should be sensitive to her feelings. This would mean being there for her when she's already down, listening to what she has to say and supporting her. Being considerate and sometimes happily surprising her. He would be good with animals, empathetic towards the poor, sick or people who have just lost a loved one and the big one- not afraid to admit he has feelings and cares.

• He basically should be his true self. True, no girl wants a guy who cries at the drop of the hat, but what man wants his woman to be that way either?

• personally, I come from a family where men never cry. I have seen men cry in my family only when someone passes away. I've seen a guy cry because of a broken heart...although I did feel sorry for him I also felt repulsed. anyways I think men should be tough and macho men, but when a girl cries in his arms he should console her but not cry with her. did this help?

• that's really up to your judgement. obviously, don't go spilling your guts every chance you get and don't just leave her to cry either. let her know when your unhappy and help her out when she's unhappy

• I love a guy who can have lots of sensitivity but too much no way!

• A guy that cries when his pet die and not during some gay romance movie.

• enough to be there when your feeling bad but nothing annoying like crying at movies and stuff cause even tho we hate to admit this but we want our guy to protect us

• I like a guy who is in touch with his emotions but is not too needy...

• Maybe like this link

• I want a man to be as sensitive as me, but not in the creepy insincere way in that every time he touches you, cries, etc. he makes your skin crawl. I'm tired of dating sociopaths. :(

What Guys Said 4

• From personal experience being a cold hard ass egotistical ass it was easy finding girls but keeping them for long term didn't fly.

As I got older some karma came my way and I was hurt over and over. That woke me up.

To just be myself, which means putting down the guard to express what I'm feeling at the time.

let's say a sad part in the moving I'm not afraid to wipe tears. If I see my kids do something cute I pick em up kiss em tell them I love them play like a kid with them.

Be strong enough to be my woman's rock yet be sensitive enough to her feelings and notice all the wonderful things she does as mother a friend a lover and never let a second go by to not show her.

Just be real no need for over macho, and definitely not pathetic like the link below.lol

• If gonna assume if you cry as much or more than a typical 'girly' girl (no offense ladies) does on a regular basis...then I don't think you're manly enough? It's OK to shed a tear in times of sadness but if you're overly sensitive because you can't take a friendly ribbing by the boys or gained a few pounds or broke a nail (god forbid!)...then I think girls may see you as wimpy...very wimpy.

• The man that is most attractive to a woman is a guy who has emotions, but can control them.

A guy's emotions should be a sprinkler that he turns on when he wants to, not a gusher that gushes and gushes and gushes uncontrollably.

• Why don't you just be yourself and find a girl that likes you for being as sensitive as you are?