What do you think about women that don't wear jewelry?

I hate jewelry. I have never even thought about getting my ears pierced. jewelry gets in the way, weighs you down, and gets lost too easily, and seems a waste of money to me. I like my style to be luxurious and simple, and draping metal and sticking it in holes in my skin just doesn't fit that look. Most of all I hate the idea that jewelery is basically just shiny things to attract attention. (I'm not trying tree a raccoon here.)

But, I am getting to the age where I need to dress appropriate and this (apparently) requires a certain amount of jewelry. I also wonder if I give off the impression that I don't have high self esteem or worth because I don't like to shine it up. So my question is what do guys think about a girl that would prefer never wearing jewelry? What are your first impressions of a girl without bling?

By luxurious, I mean that I wear good fabrics that have been sewn well and are meant to last a long time. I like my luxury to be simple and feel good on me!

Most Helpful Guy

• The nice thing about jewelry is that it's an accessory. There's no rule saying you HAVE to wear any. If you think you should be wearing some you could always try wearing just something simple. You don't have to do anything fancy or even overly shiny.

Keeping things simple doesn't mean you have low self esteem. I don't generally wear fancy clothing or anything overly "flashy." I keep things pretty simple because I like how I look in the more simple clothing. Wear what you like and what you think looks good on you. What matters in the end is you. Don't go wearing something just because you feel you have to. Granted, that doesn't mean you can run around naked. So I should clarify. Wear what makes you happy, keep it legal.

• Well, same here, I like how I look in less flashy clothes, and it also reflects my personality. No frills. For a minute there I thought I was getting the go ahead to not even bother with wearing clothes anymore either! Damn.

• Haha, way ahead of you!

• And I'm going to guess you are making some man very happy, or you will be making some man very happy.

What Guys Said 6

• My first impression would be that the girl/woman in question is pragmatic, and not preoccupied with herself. I'm not averse to wearing something meaningful, such as a wedding ring, or perhaps a watch, as long as things fall short of transforming ourselves into walking Christmas trees. Except for the gold post I wear in one earlobe, I wear no other jewelry of any kind. I think it speaks well of you that you go without.

• to be completely honest, I am 17 and in high school and I barely even notice if a girl has jewelry. it's not the first thing a guy looks for, and it actually has some upside now that I think about it because it shows you don't care as much at material possessions.

• I would think I she is beautiful. I hate jewelry, despise it, and it makes me almost barf sometimes. I've no clue why, just can't understand jewelry. I can't let it touch me, or even move it if it's sitting on a table I'm using. Anything metal and shiny and small gross me out. Key chains too. Especially jewelry in odd places like nose rings or belly buttons. This is a good reason why I dislike India so much. Not in a racist way, but because all of the women have piercings, and shiny small things.

I've found it hard to find somebody to live with because of this problem. I can bring myself to hook up with a girl wearing jewelry, but I could never do long term. Never found a woman that doesn't wear jewelry.

Make up is also stupid. That doesn't bother me except for extremely excessive amounts, and almost any kind of lipstick. In conclusion, I would think you were beautiful. Women are beautiful as they are, and makeup just makes them uglier. I don't know why they still do this. Many studies have shown men prefer little to no make up.

• Love them. I prefer a girl who doesn't wear jewelry. I find it pretty materialistic and I'm a guy who is around it ALOT professionally.

• My first impression would be you're practical, and you have a high self-esteem. I like it when a girl doesn't wear jewelry, shows they're not high-maintenance and that they can go without insignificant possessions.

• If I saw a girl without jewelry Id think that she was more down to earth, and probably more approachable. It would also depend on her posture, age, what she was doing (running, dinner, etc.), and what she was wearing. But in general Id think positively about a girl who wore no jewelry.

also, I think that in 99.99999% of cases Id be more attracted to a girl if she didn't wear any jewelry. Maybe I'm weird, but jewelry creeps me out a little.

What Girls Said 7

• I honestly don't think they notice or care.

I didn't know jewelry was required at the age of 26? Really? I think it's just personal preferences. I know many women your age who don't wear jewelry but they are still stylish. So...I don't think it matters.

• Good to hear.

Hehe, I just mean it is required for my age as I am entering the age of a professional.

• Professional women are not required to wear jewelry; there's no written manual, haha! I mean, a simple pendant and a bracelet would look nice, I guess, but it's not required that you wear lots and lots of "bling." I know many professional women who don't wear any jewelry. Just do what you makes you comfortable.

• I don't know, I've had professors tell me the rule was at least three pieces, and I've known people who's job required heals, make-up, and jewelery, but it is nice to hear that this isn't true for everyone. Thanks!

• Most jewellery doesn't get in the way and only huge heavy jewellery would weigh you down. Also, lots of jewellery is very luxurious and lots of jewellery can be very simple. Jewellery isn't just to attract attention-it can make the wearer feel beautiful and it just adds something to an outfit-i don't wear earrings to attract attention, for example. Saying all that I don't actually wear a lot of jewellery lol. I don't think people would even notice you don't wear it. Tbh I wouldn't think anything of a girl that doesn't wear jewellery-i doubt people notice. I know people that wear a lot and people that wear none at all and I don't have an opinion, you either wear some or you don't lol.

• I love wearing earrings - solitaire or lightweight dangles. That is the only jewelery I like wearing but not at home and not every time.

I am not into wearing necklace or bracelets or bangles. Nothing of that sort. It makes me feel chained.

Regarding what will guys think of you - a girl who is naturally beautiful and pretty confident sans ornaments.

• It makes the outfit look polished and complete. Make-up (even a little) with earrings and a necklace can make all the difference.

• I know a lot of girls who don't wear jewelry... it's reasonably normal.

• i've never cared about jewellery. I just wear it for work and sometimes for occassions and that is about it.

• How can your style be luxurious if you don't wear jewelry? Jewelry completes the outfit. You would just look like you don't make clothes your priority. I guess it wouldn't look bad but it wouldn't be the best style. No offense I didn't mean to sound rude

• You aren't rude, it's just your personal opinion. If it is in poor taste not to wear jewelry, I need to know. Like the girl that thinks its okay never to wear a bra.

• No it's not in poor taste, most people probably won't even notice it.