Opinions on VERY metrosexual men.

To start things off...

Things about me: I'm a straight male hairstylist, makeup artist, and esthitician, I wear makeup, I'm very feminine, I'm very intelligent, love to shop, dress fashionably, keep myself well groomed, play video games every so often, I know how to be very charming, I'm always very polite and chivalrous, I keep up to date on fashion, I can be a bit of a diva, I'm experienced in basic survival skills, I don't like sports or cars, I don't do drugs, I can't grow facial or chest hair, I'm an honest 8.5/10, I'm slim, and I'm very happy with who I am.

The thing is, a lot of women are very disturbed or put off or something about how feminine I am. I understand that it's near impossible to compete with a guy with a chiseled jawline, a six pack, and stubble, but come on, I'm unique. Do I really have to give up some of my femininity to get the smallest amount of female attention? I'm not looking for a girlfriend or anything, but just some spark of interest that doesn't go out as soon as I open up. I'm tired of seeing women I was interested in repeatedly going to the same douche bags.

Can I carry that enormous heavy box by myself into the house? Maybe not. Can I hold my own in a fight? Maybe. Can I give you a kickass blowout before your big interview and give you a flawless makeup application? Hell yes. Need a facial treatment and an upper body massage? I have enough product to start my own spa. Going to a party and wondering if those shoes go with the dress? Try those black Jimmy Choo's instead, babe. And maybe blend that highlighting a tad more.

Thanks for your input, all!

XO

Thank you all for your input. Sadly, it is what I expected to hear. I'll never compromise who I am for anyone. I did fail to mention that I am very comfortable with taking the lead in conversations, so there isn't a lot of beating around the bush. I suppose it's a good thing that I come into contact with a lot of beautiful women who are ecstatic to sit in my chair. Plus, being a stylist of my caliber and with my clientele demographic, it's quite possible to be extremely financially successful.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well- to be honest, that type of guy just doesn't attract me. Mostly because I'm a VERY low maintenance girl myself, a bit of a tomboy and I just feel like we wouldn't have much in common. I hate hanging out with girls who have to spend an hour getting ready to go out for lunch- my usual reaction is "Just put on some clothes, toss up your hair and let's go!"

I wear makeup sporadically and I wear very little when I do- mascara and eye shadow are pretty much it. I'm not into shopping unless it has a purpose and I'm a go in, get what you want and get out kind of shopper. I don't keep up with fashion- as far as I'm concerned, my jeans will work whether we're headed for dinner, a party, or just curling up and watching TV.

You can see how me dating a metrosexual guy would just never work. I couldn't date a guy who is higher maintenance than me- I'd feel insecure half the time and be annoyed the other half.It doesn't mean I don't think you're a good person or that I don't know some girls who would appreciate it, it's just not me.

What Girls Said 2

• It's fine, you should be yourself.

I, personally, would be a bit turned off by it. I'm not super feminine myself, when it comes to tastes/hobbies, so I'd definitely have issues with dating a man more feminine than me.

• I want a guy to appreciate my femininity, not be feminine himself. You sound like you have a lot going for you but not as far as attracting females. I'm willing to bet the majority of women you run into, assume you are gay. I like a guy that can dress nice and cares about his appearance, but if he spends more time looking in the mirror than I do, we've got a problem. Dudes wearing makeup just creeps me out, that's waaay to feminine. And yea, I do want you to carry that heavy box into the house and at least be able to SHOW ME how to change my oil, fix things around the house, enjoy spending time in your garage . . . Yea, I like a man.

What Guys Said 6

• Not to be a d***head, but I really want to slap you upside the head.

What attracts heterosexual women to men is the fact that their men. Not their girlfriends who happen to have a twig and berries. Your all happy and sh*t with how you are, and that's great. But I'm thinking you'll have a hard damn time finding what you're after.

One of the basic rules of relationships today is that one side is the man, the other is the woman. Physical genders aside. So, in all reality you're far more likely to find some 6 ft dyke who still likes cock, than you are to come across someone with your interests who will find you remotely sexually appealing.

You're essentially after a lesbian who doesn't mind that her "best friend" has a strapon that's attached. Good luck.

• Honestly it's alright to have all of those qualities you mentioned, even if they are feminine, as long as you have some masculine qualities too.

You should still be a chivalrous gentleman who can assert himself, take initiative, take charge, take her number, set up the date, flirt, sometimes push boundaries (but never exceed them).

• Honestly, you sound like a total p****. I mean, it's okay if you are gay but why would a heterosexual woman want to be with a girlie man? Anyway, at least you are confident about yourself and don't try to be someone you are not. But if you want my honest opinion I think you have your work cut out for you.

Some women are afraid of actual men, I think that would be your demographic.

• Mildly funny creative writing you've got there.

• Well you see lots of women going for douche bags. I'm afraid this is completely independant from how you look.

A good guy, polite, chivalrous, is often completely ignored, and even more in this age range. Women are creatures of instinct, but many lack experience, which makes them confuse rudeness and virility.

This said, seeing how you descrive yourself, I am sorry to tell you that most women who could be attracted by you are teenage girls (Twilight fans and alikes), maybe emo girls. Because let's be honest, you give asexual signals, or even worse, homosexual signals to women, by wearing make-up or by paying too much attention to your appearance.

I am sure you will find someone, but in my opinion, you should cut down a bit on all the red flags (make-up especially). This aspect of your personality could be developped once in a relationship - because love is blind - but will probably make you miss opportunities if put in the front too much.

Good luck!

• It will be very difficult to find a women that likes those kind of traits. Our culture now and for a very long time has been one where women are attracted to manly men. I mean I know many women like a well groomed, clean shaven, sensitive man that will being attentive and listen. You don't have to have to be a ripped, full bearded man that wrestle bears on the weekends, but you may be a little too feminine. You can try and find someone that likes your qualities or man up a bit more.