Do you compare your exes physically?

My bf's ex is very cute/hot. Honestly, do you compare your exes in terms of physical appearances?

Also, she had kinna dumped him too so I don't think he ever really got over her...

• No, I never compare my exes in terms of physical appearances.
  • Yes I compare my exes in terms of physical appearances but it doesn't affect anything.
  • Yes I compare my exes in terms of physical appearances.
  • See answer

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted B.

Sure, I can make comparisons, because the differences do exist. Denying that one person has something different or similar to another is bullshit. Anyone who says they don't make the comparison is probably lying to you. They made the comparison at some point and on some level. I'm pretty sure of it. But yeah, just because you can make the comparison, doesn't mean it matters. In my mind the past is the past, and an ex is an ex for a reason. She's gone, the relationship is over, and it's in the past. I'll just leave it there.

As for your boyfriend, he probably has some lingering feelings. It's entirely possible. All of which depends on a variety of factors such as: how he felt about her, how long he was with her, what happened, how they broke up, how long it's been since the break up, how he copes or handles a break up, how long he gets over it, and even then, you can never fully predict what's what with how he will react to all this. With knowledge of all this information,the most you could get out of this is some understanding.

Anyway yeah he might still be hung up on her. In which case, that really sucks for you, but there's not a lot you can do about it. Yeah, maybe he does compare you to her, but again there's not much you can do about it. I think maybe your best option here, is to just do your best, be patient with him, and try to understand.

Who knows, maybe if you're the best damned girlfriend you can be, there won't be reason to compare, but if I'm being honest, that's still no guarantee. Still, so long as you're giving this relationship your all, you can take comfort in the fact that if things go south, it's probably not your fault. Heck, if this whole hang up on his ex is a deal breaker, there is no shame in leaving. I think it's entirely understandable.

Whatever happens though, I wish you the best of luck.

What Guys Said 9

• I voted B, because of course I'm going to notice the differences, but differences can be GREAT. No matter how great your Filet Mignon is, I don't want the same thing every day.

So, yeah, I am aware of the physical differences, but they really have no impact on our relationship. I accept my Girlfriend for who she is, and I wouldn't be with her if I didn't like the whole package. It's not like you can assemble your girlfriend out of parts; they come as a package deal and most guys not only realize that, but they are totally fine with it.

• keeping relations or break-up is depending on likings of many things. It is not only physical or money matters. Emotional attachments play a major role. Sex is an another need, and where and how are strictly personal matters. Looks are not everything. If - for me she was hot but made me miserable then I just need to find a way to be better in every way. The only time comparisons will come to mind is when I think of how she is treating me and how she had treated me.

• It's been my experience that everyone compares to a certain degree, but women do this quite a lot not only physically, but emotionally. If you ever find a woman who doesn't compare a lot, you should call the Guinness book of world records.

• I do and I don't. The information is in my brain so it happens. I don't go out of my way to compare.

• Yes I compare physical appears, but that is just a small portion of what I compare. Personality, who they are as a person, etc, it all contributes.

• funny both guys said the same thng and both girls did 2

• No, not really. And I never care.

• I actually do, but it's always the positive things? And nothing super specific. Like wow, I feel more sexually attracted to my girlfriend than I've been to other girls. And I don't think anything explicitly negative about the others. It's not like I whip out pictures of each one and "evaluate" them, haha.

• That's what I'm doing all the time when I'm with a new girl.

What Girls Said 8

• I've actually never compared my exes by appearance. I tend to compare my exes by the amount of headaches they gave me. ;)

• B. I have eyes. I know when a guy one guy is more attractive than another. But an ex is an ex for a reason and a current boyfriend is a current boyfriend for a reason as well. If I still have feelings for someone, I don't start a relationship with someone else. Some of my worst relationships have been with really attractive guys and most of the okay ones have been with not-so-attractive guys (I haven't really had a great relationship yet so I can't comment on that). Knowing that my ex was more attractive than the guy I'm with doesn't make me want to go back to my ex.

• Each guy I have dated is better looking than the last (I really settled when I was young), so for me if I compare them its a good thing for the one I'm seeing.

• I compare my exes in terms of everything - but looks aren't everything. If she was hot but made himmiserable then you just need to find a way to be better in every way that you can for him

• i compare them on a personality level not on the level of looks. But if there personality is not just as awesome you can forget it

• Yes, but only in terms of comparing how the types of guy I go for have changed over the years.

• I do compare, but every time I see someone new it is usually an upgrade. The current has nothing to be scared of. Even if they weren't as high in some aspects I believe in the 80 20 relationship rule. A person can have 80% of what you want in a partner and someone different could be showing that 20%.Some people cheat because of this, but I just take it in the way that you can't expect the perfect man. An ex may have some of that 20% but it doesn't mean I'm going back. Again the current guys has nothing to worry about.

• Not really. I just like who I like at that time. The only time comparisons come to mind is when I think of how they treat/treated me.