What color ties would go well with a black suit and white shirt?

As the question above says, what color ties would go the best with a white shirt and black trousers and blazer?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should wear a white tie as it will put your confidence on display. It will say to the world "I know that by wearing a white tie with a white shirt, it makes it look as though I'm too stupid to know I look like I'm not even wearing a tie, but actually I'm doing it because I'm confident!" It would be a move of subtle brilliance. Go forward and be a manly man.

What Girls Said 5

• Sliver, Gold, Black, Dark purple, anything dark

• All the answerers have a red bubble... And what sparrow24 said. :p

• A grey silver tie...or a light blue...

• a deep dark color, like maroon maybe navy

• I would say a dark color to contrast the white shirt. Dark red, dark blue, or dark grey... something like that. If you go black, you'll look like a MIB, haha! If you go too bright, it might look like a joke.

What Guys Said 9

• Actually because of the white shirt pretty much any darker toned color looks good. Pick a color you like or a color that accents your eyes/hair and a good looking pattern. Usually when there is no pattern in the shirt it's good to have some in the tie and the other way around otherwise you might look too plain.

• Blue for the conservative look, yellow for a sporty, more interesting, party outfit.

• Anything bold. It tends to look very formal. Black suits are difficult to dress down unless they are fully dressed down with a dark shirt and no tie.

• Anything except black or white (black will look like you're going to a funeral; white won't contrast with the shirt). If the blazer is patterned (eg. pinstripe) the tie should be plain, and vice versa.

• i think black tie goes best with white shirt even though it is a little bland, looks smart though, reservoir dogs

• Is it for a special occasion? If not, you should try to be more adventurous with your suits. Trying a dark navy and even dark grey. Both are very versatile. It's fun to experiment with different shirts and ties.

• Black tie would look the best I think...MIB!

• What color is the blazer?

• Black as well

• Peraonally, I do not like wearing the same color blazer. I would rather wear a suit of that color. And if the blazer is same color, I prefer that it has some self-design (stripes etc). Anyhow, you could wear a black or dark grey tie.

• I just noticed you said "suit" in the title. That nullifies my previous comment. Actually, if it is a suit, try a yellow or light pink silk tie. That also looks good at work of a less for al occasion.

• anything really, preferably on the darker side