People say I look so young or small. Is this a bad thing? To me it is

People say I look so young or small. Mostly both. I'm eighteen but I wear pants for an average fourteen year old. Some people say my face looks my age but some say I look like I'm in middle school. I feel like I'm not seen as equal to my peers because of my stature. (4'11.5" 95 lbs)

Most Helpful Guy

• To answer your question; no this is not a bad thing. The idea of being "equal" is merely looking at this from a physical viewpoint. But many more factors appearance wise effect this too such as fashion sense and hairstyle. You sound like you expect people to judge you just by looking at you (without getting to know you). You mustn't let your mind get into this critical view of yourself because this can easily give birth to insecurities.

• I agree and I think this is insightful. Thanks

• Height does not determine character. QA, you are a good person. Don't worry about feeling inferior. A lady stays strong. Measure your worth compared to yourself, and you will be even more worthy.

What Guys Said 4

• A lot of people like a girl that looks the way you do, it's called being petite and is desired by many men and envied by many women. A lot of girls hate being so tall that they can't wear heels or being broad enough they feel they look like a guy. Embrace being petite, it's a feminine factor you should be proud of.

• Physical stature is not something that is really associated with status or prestige for women. For men a lack of it (especially height) can cause them to be discriminated against. I suppose if you look really young some people may not take you as seriously as they would if they knew you are a young adult and not a kid, so I assume that would be frustrating. But anyone you treats you in a patronizing way is only revealing their own immaturity.

• No its not a bad thing, and you will look younger when your older : D

• I wouldn't think so. It's not a bad thing to me anyway

What Girls Said 3

• You are SO CUTE!

Rock it! Who cares what anyone else thinks! Guaranteed there's someone in the world who wish they look like you :)

• I'm just a touch bigger then you..

and I think my stature brings me attention.

If I was 5'4"-5'6" I think I would be going through life like I was invisible

• I like being respected but not noticed

• As long as you aren't cold to friends or acquaintances, right?

• well, that depends on if I want them to leave me alone too.. :P

• I have the same problem, don't worry.