Why do guys poke fun at short girls?

I'm 5 foot tall so I'm pretty petite and guys are always commenting on it. Girls never really have much to say about my height but when talking to guys they will always comment on how small I am or give me some good natured teasing. Its not mean, I know they are just poking fun and they always say its cute. My other friends that are small get told the same thing but guys have never commented on my taller friends' heights. So why do guys tease only short girls? Why not tease tall girls also?

0|0
4|8

Most Helpful Guy

• Same reason why girls flock to tall guys and poke fun about how much they love their height but don't do it short guys. Society says Short=feminine Tall=masculine

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Teasing is flirting. The explination behind this was quite recently shown in a very good study relating showing embarassment having a correlation to your likeability as a person; guys tease you and like you more for it.

As for why tall girls aren't teased as much, well in a womans case being taller than normal isn't quite as good as being shorter than normal so I suppose its not as 'friendly' to draw attention to it.

0|1
    0|0
  • tall girls get teased too, haven't you heard of the wnba?

1|0
    0|0
  • Shorties are cute.

1|1
    0|0
  • Short girls are so cute.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • oh my god, you don't understand all grils are 5 foot tall in my hometown.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know...I love shorter girls.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I'm the same height, and yeah guys usually make fun of it.

I know they are joking. I don't know how to respond on this joke though. lol

I used to think it was a bad thing,

But now I'm confident with myself again.

I don't care about it now. Just forget it.. eh~ ^-^

0|2
    2|0
    • Says the three year old little squirt.

• Show All
    • I'm guessing he was referring to your display picture since it look like a 3 year old little squirt...

• LoL is that so? xD

Thank you for explaining, QA. ^_^

I'm sorry, I feel I'm bothering the QAs with my comments nowadays. lol

• Because guys like to tease ALL girls not just short girls.

Short girls are adorable and it's something they can easily jump on as far as teasing goes, probably with little risk of offending you. Whereas taller women might be more sensitive about their height, just as shorter men can be sensitive about theirs.

0|0
    0|0
  • cuz you're adorable.

maybe like a little sister :3

1|0
    1|1
  • Don't take it serious. .. they could just be joking around or that person thinks it's really cute or they probably flirting or like u

0|0
    0|0