Cute guy in my lecture

I have had my eye on this cute guy in my lecture class for a while now. I am pretty shy, so my original plan was to ignore it and let my crush blow over, but I can't seem to shake it.

He sits on the complete opposite side of the lecture hall from me. It is possible that he has caught me looking at him, but it is hard to to tell since he is so far away. I am worried about moving over to his side of the hall, because I am embarrassed if he has caught me looking.

But, I want to try and talk to him. I was wondering what I should say so it doesn't seem strange?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah you have to make it known you are interested in him or he probably won't talk to you. Most guys won't approach a girl they see on a regular basis who is not showing any signs of interest in him, granted girls get shy but still. I would say try to get his attention by smiling, making eye contact etc. that is what girls typically do, I have never heard of a girl actually approaching a guy. However you could always try to talk to him about something, anything, and hope it goes somewhere. But if the guy is not interested he is not interested, most important thing would be to let him know you find him attractive and hope that works.

• So you think I should let him catch me looking rather than try to sit by him?

What Guys Said 3

• Simple, walk into class and intentionally sit next to him. Ask him a question about the class or comment on it. That'll show him you're willing to engage in a conversation with him and you won't have to do anything that gives away your secret crush on him since I'm guessing you're too shy to be forward with him. Make sure you introduce yourself and ask his name after you make whatever comment you do. If he's not entirely sucked into the class and avoiding all distractions and if he would want to know more about you, then he'll try to keep the conversation going (if he isn't also too shy).

• Let him catch you looking at him and smile then watch what he does OR if the mood strikes just make the first move yourself.

• how many people are in this class if it's in a lecture hall? being in a lecture hall I'm sure it's more than 30 students so I doubt any is going to notice you sitting on the other side.

What Girls Said 2

• Im kind of in the same boat as you right now. I'm super shy but I can't seem to shake this crush I have on this guy in my 300+ lecture hall...if this helps I'm going to borrow his notes from the previous lecture...then get his number so I can give them back to him:) hope this helped goodluck

• Definitely go sit next to him next class. Ask what he thought of the last lecture, or borrow a pen. If he lends you a pen you could keep it going by mentioning how, "don't worry, I won't steal it". And let the convo flow from there. Hopefully it's not an intense lecture so he can pay attention haha. After the class, ask if he wants to go grab a coffee or something.