Do you shower Daily?

i shower every single day but lately I've been noticing that there are a lot of good looking people who only shower once or three times a week and they say it's healthy for you skin,i read about it too I really want my skin to look nice I mean it's very dry and I can't use moisterizers because they make me break out shold I try this method of showering once a week? would you ever do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I could not go a week without showering, there is no way. If you're having issues with your skin, you can still shower, just use warm-to-tepid water (hot dries out your skin), don't scrub the crap out of your hide, use mild soap like baby wash or look for something that is hypoallergenic. Or shower every-other-day, maybe. There are moisturizers you can try that are hypoallergenic, too, and very mild. You could test them to see how you react to them by doing a spot test. Put a little of the product like in the bend of your elbow or behind your knee and see if you have a reaction.

If you decide to only shower once a week, will go go that long without washing your hair, too? Do you live in a cold, dry climate? I can't imagine how god-awful I would smell if I didn't shower every day, especially in the summer. Of course I live in the American South, where there is like 1000% humidity and it gets to be over 100 degress in the shade in high summer.

• i wash my hair only on Thursdays, it usually smells like shampoo the whole week unless my parents cook smelly food -___- I never leave the house lol but it's supposebly spring I think it's very humid here, well cold most of the time I live in ny

What Guys Said 12

• Of course. I don't wanna go to bed all sweaty, smelly, and disgusting. It would cause me to have bad night's sleep because I won't be able to sleep with all that nasty smell all around me.

• I am from India. Water is in short supply during the summer always. I shower two times a week maximum, that is Sunday and occasionally Thursday. I use to bath with limited quantity of water everyday in the morning, and before going to bed. That is hardly 10 to 15 lit - (4 gallons) medium bucket full of water. Bathing for a long time using large quantity of water or shower everyday and using shampoo makes skin dry. It is a normal practice to cover most part of body under cloths to prevent drying from dry and hot atmosphere. Some elder people apply oil lightly on hands and legs to protect it from dryness. Many women apply milk-cream on face and body. It does the trick and keep skin smooth and also helps to hydrate skin from the inside by preventing loss of water through perspiration. Drinking lots of water - up to a gallon - also gives skin and hair a moisture boost .

• I shower everyday. LAst month I went one day without showering and I felt really dirty and my hair felt dirty to.Its better hygenicly speaking to shower daily.

• I shower in June, though I do comb my hair daily. Guess I'm obsessed with my appearance.

• I shower daily. Showering once a week would not be pleasant for the people around me.

• Everyday, I shower. Perhaps, on some holiday I don't, due to my laziness.

• I shower everyday and I think everyone should. It doesn't feel good when you miss even one day lol.

• Yes! I'm crazy when it comes to my hygiene. There's nothing I love more than feeling clean and smelling fresh! :)

• I shower everyday before I go to sleep,if I don't I can't sleep.

• is this a serious question? everyone should shower everyday haha

• there are couple of people that shower once a week

• Everyday whether I'm going somewhere or not.

• LOL

What Girls Said 11

• showering once a day is so bad for your skin it makes it extremely dry. I shower every other day which is just fine and doesn't make my skin too dry or oily [breakout-prone]. don't go as far as once a week because like you may start to get a funk about ya... ya know what I mean?

• Yes and wash my hair every day it would be gross not to. I would never shower less then that because then my hair looks gross and I feel gross. I hate when people walk around with gressy hair that needs to be washed its my pet peeve.

• yes I shower daily, morning and night and it became a habit that after I shower I apply easily absorbed non-sticky lotion on my entire body. for my hair aside from using conditioner I deep condition my hair once a week.. I have my own heat cap. for my face after cleansing I put some moisturizer. I'm kinda addicted to lotions/creams and it's smell so probably that's why my skin looks OK and not dry despite of the constant shower.

• Yes

I shower once a day, at night after I've worked out which is right before I go to bed. I do wet my hair in the morning though and wash it at night. But if I work out earlier then I'll end up showering twice a day. I also wash my face twice a day(morning and night or also after working out).

The only exception is if I'm on my period, then I shower in the morning and at night.

• Shower everyday.

I can recommend you stuff from the store "Lush" (dont know if you have it where you live) but they sell some cool soaps which are oily for dry skin and smell delicious!

• i shower everyday. and my skin is just fine. and I'm cute so. please shower honey lol

• i shower every single day too and my skin looks somewhat sh*tty

• put on lotion while your body is wet. itll help lock the moisture in

• At least once a day and often twice.

• i shower every day because it is bad for your hygiene not to. I can go 2 days without showering if I am not sweaty but I just feel cleaner when I shower and much better!

i don't wash my hair every day though. I often put it in a shower cap.

• I shower 2x a day in the morning and at night because it helps me relax. If I work out mid day or if I'm going out after work then I shower 3x times a day. Showering 3x might be excessive but I think showering daily is a must. My skin is fairly dry because I have eczema but I have found that showering more often helps it because I uses an exfoliating mesh sponge a hypoallergenic vegan body wash ( Sliquid wash is made for the lady parts but its great all over) then apply johnson & johnson baby oil and baby lotion Vaseline cococa radience and st.ives are also great hypoallergenic lotions. It does the trick and I get compliments on my skin often. It also helps to hydrate your skin from the inside by drinking lots of water. Drinking more water also gives your hair a moisture boost .

• I wash my face and hair with soap about once a week. I do a "pirate bath" about every other day, basically whnever I'm going to be going out.

• I'm a reasonably good looking person no I don't shower everyday if I'm not going out anywhere I don't bother yeah having too much showers can dry your skin out especially hot ones I some times give my self a really good wash so I don't stink lol I change my clothes and under clothes no one is none the wiser maybe you could cut down to showering 4 times a week and just have a good wash the other 3 wash the most important areas you know what they are hahahahaha you should be fine :)

• uhhhh...lol

• you sweat on your full body sweetheart. you need to clean the sweat and germs from your body

• Lol no it's not nasty at all. yeah they are the most important areas but even if you have a shower once a day you can put body butter all over your body rub it in untill obsorbed so the skin on your body is lovely and soft and you still get to be hygienic without drying your skin :)