Do some guys use women for an ego boost?

If you do how do you do it?

There's a guy I liked until I found out he ha a girlfriend. It turns out he knows I liked him and now it seems like it had boosted his ego. For example

If we're walking past each other and his opposite me, he would look at me to see whether I was look at him and once I do he casually looks away.

Other times

He would walk past me looking from the corner of his eyes almost to test whether I was looking at him and once he catches me looking he smirks to himself.

Most Helpful Guy

• He may be checking you out. Having a girlfriend doesn't stop me from checking out other girls. For example, there's this girl at work that is so freaking adorable I must look at her every time she walks by (politely, of course). It sounds like you're dogging on this guy for something, but based on your post I don't really see what he did wrong. Did he hit on you, or flirt with you? Did he lead you on and make you believe that he was single and interested in you?

What if he's just a nice guy with a girlfriend who thinks your cute? To me it sounds like you bust him checking you out all the time, maybe that's why he smirks to himself. I can't help but do that when I get busted.

What Guys Said 3

• I know guys and girls that do this. They basically just flirt around and then get people to flirt back, and they'll talk to you when they have nothing better to do or other options are off the table. Many hearts are broken.

• it means the man is a selfish pig and hits women after women after women I probably wouldn't go with coming from a guy who is bi.

• yup seen it done and heard it talked about. sad but true.

What Girls Said 2

• Guys get an ego boost from attention just like we do

• I think people use others for ego boosts all the time.