GUYS&GIRLS: would I look dumb if...

I WORE a...

Short Dress to prom? like one that is above the knees? What's your opinion ..do you think it's stupid because you're "suppose" to wear long dresses..or do you think short dresses are too informal? your opinion would be appreciated..thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all! People wear short dresses to prom all of the time! Why were you the only one wearing a short one? lol because that has happened to me before.

In my personal opinion, I would neither wear black nor a short dress to prom, but only because to have an opportunity to wear a colorful gown only happens like once in a blue moon.

BUT remember, it is all about making yourself look amazing. So the dress could be hideous, but as long as it enhances your features, it looks so great! ...and short dresses are definitely feature enhancers as long as you don't have abnormal legs :).

• Well I'm only hesitant because we have homecoming and that's when girls usually wear short dress..but I really like this dress that's short that my friend is letting me borrow..its teal and soo pretty and my legs look good ...at my prom though everyone wears long dresses..

• I mean, you can tell the difference between a formal short dress and a homecomingish one. I'm sure it will be great! Plus you have good legs and prom is supposed to make you look beautiful. Not only that, they are easier to dance in! My prom dress is princessy, but everyone else is wearing patterns and prints, however, I know that when I'm there people won't say 'hey she's the only one wearing that style..." they will leave prom with the impression that there were many different styles on people. c?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• no no and NO! I think it is neat because it's unique and different. As long as it's fitted to your body , it's modern in terms of style and a colour that suits you, who cares?! I had a long gown for grad and it was dark red, and I don't think a short dress slightly above the knee is too informal at all. if you have your hair down nice and everything else, it's not informal at all.

• Who says your supposed to wear long dresses? At mine, loads of girls (probably the majority) wore short dresses.

• I live in So.Cal and I'd say about half the girls wear short length dresses. However, I am not a fan. For me it just seems that traditional long dresses are... traditional... and that just feels right.

• No its not informal at all, it's a great idea! Make sure you wear no knickers underneath, so you can have sex anytime, anywhere without having to get undressed. It'l be easy access for any man. Here's a game, see how many men (or women) you can have sex with at your prom in full view without anyone actually knowing cos you'l still be fully dressed. Whoever gets pregnant loses! Enjoy! We sure do in China!