Do former fat people have a certain attitude?

My friend used to be fat not obese but noticeably overweight like she could use to lose about 30 or 40 pounds. She did and now she is extremely looks conscious. She is obsessive about what she eats even though she's thin now. She is also very shallow when it comes to how her partners look and she is very picky about only dating hot thin guys.

She is also very critical about how other girls look and sometimes thinks an average girl who is not even overweight is fat.

She also talks about herself a lot especially about being thin as well as male attention, and sometimes comes off a little arrogant.

Do you think she acts this way because she used to be fat and is overcompensating and might still be insecure?

Well I ask because I have two friends who are like this one more extreme than the other but still similar behavior like bragging a lot

Most Helpful Guy

• No, she acts that way because whoever wired her personality did a horrible job.

Blame her dad's sperm. I strongly suspect the sperm is at fault here.

What Guys Said 4

• All people are different and can't be lumped together under one umbrella. Except for former fat people that is. You've hit the nail on the head. I suggest we jettison the sluggards.

• she's probably still uggo...but there are guys out there who need to get that d*** inside of any sugar wall

• It's ironic that people who are 10 pounds overweight can be much more conscious about their body than people who are 40 pounds overweight.

• Usually they remeber where they came from and changing your body is positive

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think she's insecure but sometimes it makes girls feel like they have a right to judge now. I had a friend with a really great personality and she was very obese. She had surgery and then lost all of the weight. She became bitchy and lost her attractive personality.

• Yes.I think its probable that she is still insecure.And,she watches everything she eats because she knows that it easier to put on weight than to lose it.

• Being overweight, as well as bragging a lot are both signs of emotional turmoil in some cases. Being thin does require a lot of obsession, unfortunately, for some people. That kind of prioritizing can make someone unhappy -- ESPECIALLY if they already had a flawed relationship with food. For example, if someone was using food as a way to dull their feelings, going without it is kind of like craving a powerful drug. People want to make sure that there is a reward for all of that suffering...in her case, perhaps the reward of feeling like she is a valuable person. It's totally the wrong way to go about it, but it takes people years to work out some of their mental baggage.