What do guys consider "too much" makeup?

There this guy at work that seriously gets on my nerves...he's aways bugging me about my makeup! Like seriously! WTF?is his problem & why da hell would he care? He always makes commments & always ask me"why I wear so much makeup" I find it really offensive! I love makeup but I don't think I wear more makeup than any other girl...like I don't wear heavy eyeliner or heavy shawdow or foundation! I try to keep my makeup simple but I do love it! It just seriously bothers me! Like really what would make a guy say something like that! What do guys consider TOO MUCH Makeup? I mean most people always compliment me on my makeup...I just think it's an a**hole thing for a guy 2 say 2 a girl...is it suppose to be some kinda a**hole pick up line or something? I just think it's just as mean as being picked about weight...

Thank you! All for all your comments...:-)

Most Helpful Guy

• Kim Kardashian.

What Guys Said 12

• too much for an everday look- link

Just right- link link

link link link

Remember that make up is used to enhance what you already have and not to look like a totally different person.

• Thios guy isn't overly wise, trying to second guess a woman's makeup..that's for sure!

But to answer your question: If a woman already looks good, she doesn't need any MORE makeup, and if she does use more, then it looks exaggerated to most guys, uless you're goingon stage or something. We;'re not saying, don't use ANY...

Too much means you don't NEED any more!

• "Too much Makeup" happens when you're using makeup to fix problems that aren't there.

Using foundation when you don't have problems skin...is redundant.

Using eyeliner and mascara when you already have thick, dark, long eyelashes is pointless.

Using concealer on blemishes that you could target with skin creams geared towards dermal health.

Filling your eyebrows in really dark when your hair doesn't actually grow in that thick.

You can improve certain features with makeup, but there is no one-size-fits-all makeup plan for women and I think that's where a lot of girls go wrong.

• judging from you pic, it doesn't look anything out of the ordinary. All a girl should really need is a little eye makeup.

NO base. I absolutely hate it when girls cake their faces with base. When they turn their head you can see exactly where there skin begins from natural to makeup... god, it looks like I'm staring at a birthday cake.

• I agree. I think foundation is disgusting. I only use it for performing because I'm pale and I look like a ghost under the lights.

• You should complain to your super about this guy. It's none of his business how you wear your makeup. He's either being genuine about his comments, or he secretly harbors a crush on you. Most men insult the girls like they first, before admitting how they feel. Stupid I know, but some are like that.

• Believe it or not but some of us actually want to see the real you. I can't say if you wear too much. I like subtle amounts of makeup. Based on your pic, I think you wear too much. You look like you have fake eyelashes or a ton of mascara.

Our society raises us to think we are not pretty, that we need makeup and clothes and crap to look good. Worry about your personality, not the crap you put on your face.

• if you can scrape it off with a tea spoon, or look like you've just come off stage from the theatre-thats probably too much!

either he's trying in some weird way to flirt...or he's a twat!

• Do your makeup however the hell you wanna do it, if a guy don't like it then that's there problem. guys with too much time to worry about stupid sh*t like that aren't worth your time anyway

• Any.

• blatent red lipstick.. and putting on too much blush. also that fake tan stuf... don't ever use it

personally, I think eyeliner alone is super hot, and as long as you don't put wayy too much its good.

• Too much make up is when you can notice it from a distance.

• I like naturally pretty girls

What Girls Said 6

• It's not really any of his business... tell him his d*** is too small or something. Or that his mouth is too big and he needs to shut it. Honestly I'd inform your boss... he has no right to harass you about something so trivial. I like your makeup it's similar to mine.

• When you look like crayola exploded on your face or you look like a clown or you just look fake. A little bit can go a long way.

• It is none of his biz. Inform your sup if he continue to annoy u. My girlfriend was asked by a guy friend before on how much she spent on make up in a month, apparently he observed the make up she used. My girlfriend wasn't happy as he find that women spent too much money on make up and it is a waste of money

• it's like he's trying to flirt honestly, but is doing a bad job because he's making you annoyed. I've had that happen before. from your picture your makeup looks fine. only thing I can see is that you wear heavy mascara, but I think it looks good! I wear dramatic mascara too and get tons of compliments.

• Put him in his place.he's disrespecting you by dissing your appearance when it wasn't asked for. He's not a man, he's a bitch.I'd ask him when did men get so concerned with women's beauty affairs. Don't let him make you Question yourself.

• Maybe he's gay and in beauty school and wants to give you makeup tips. Or he's gay and jealous of how pretty you are and the fact that you can pull off light makeup whereas a gallon of the stuff would not even begin to do the job for him? Who knows? Just tell the guy to mind his own f***ing business! Or if you really want to piss him off, ask him why he wears pants that make his d*** look so small the next time he bothers you with questions about your makeup.