Waiting for the right one or keep looking?

What do you really mean inside when you say "still waiting for that right girl/boy "? Meaning towards the person your really interested in an seems right for you or keep looking which is harder to find ?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was in college, I had never had a boyfriend. I was shy, slightly agoraphobic and really just focused on school and work. By my senior year, I decided it was a good thing I didn't have a boyfriend. Every other school year I kind of hoped I would meet a guy I would click with and could potentially have a relationship with but it never happened. My senior year, I knew I would have a metric ton of work to do and if I was single I wouldn't feel tied to any one place and could apply to jobs anywhere I wanted. I didn't have that silly hope of getting a boyfriend. About a week later, I met the perfect guy for me (literally my parents after only meeting him for 5 minutes said he was the male version of me, we are incredibly compatible).

Honestly, if I hadn't just been quietly waiting for a guy that felt right to me and had been more active in trying to get a guy, I probably wouldn't have ended up in a relationship with my boyfriend. I might have settled for someone who I could get along with but it seems highly unlikely any of those guys would be so compatible with me as my boyfriend I have now.

But I'm kind of lucky that I'm so shy, because I can tell which people I'd like to be closer to by how shy I am with them. I can barely hold a conversation with 90% of the population. But that 10% that I feel comfortable around when I first meet them have been some of my closest friends. I've never had to deal with any drama or other crap it seems a lot of girls have to deal with when it comes to friends and relationships. I apparently have some sort of instinct of who is good for me and I just can't connect with anyone else. If I forced myself to be more outgoing to meet more people and put more effort into finding a guy, I would probably lose that ability and would have a lot more stress in my life.

My sister, who is much more outgoing than me, has taken the more active path in finding relationships. She's had a lot more boyfriends, and has gotten hurt a lot more, but she seems to be pretty happy with where she's ended up (supposedly she expects her boyfriend to propose soon?).

Essentially, my point is depending on who you are, either path can lead you to happiness. Waiting can work out fantastically well, but you have to be very content with being single to remain happy during the waiting time. Going out and searching for someone can also work out well, but you'll probably suffer a lot more heartbreak before finding someone who works well with you. I'm an advocate of waiting just because it worked so well for me. It might not work as well for others. Its just a matter of knowing yourself, knowing the kinds of risks you want to take, and making decisions based on that.

• Oh what if a guy and I were really interested in each other but couldn't hook up quick due to our buzy lives should I wait for him if I think he could be the right one for me?

• Depends on the situation.

• Oh what kind for example ?

What Guys Said 7

• It means you have not found the person you consider the right one.

• The one your really interested in or not sure who ?

• If you had someone you thought might be the one, but were not sure, you would say that you were not sure or did not know if you found the right one. To say yo have not found the right one means that of all the people you have found, none of them is the right one.

• You have your goals. Wait until he falls in your sights. It's worth the wait. Trust me. I just had my 30th anniversary.

• Dont Look. Just let it happen

• Passive looking would be the best option

• Haven't met her & am still looking

• Haven't met the girl you really like or?

• Right. I haven't found the one I really like enough. I'm too picky I guess.

• Meaning that certain girl your really interested in?

• ive been looking for 19 years and still haven't found anyone attracted to me :/ I hate being ugly

So as long as you are not the majority of women who feel entitled to model looking guys ,you are good

• If you wait, you'll be waiting decades.

If you look, you'll just take up a month at most.

What Girls Said 2

• Personally, I have dated and have yet to find someone that I "click" with. I guess for me, I am looking for the right guy in that he is respectful, down to earth, ambitious, and sweet which is very hard to come by, especially in this day in age when hookups and fleeting relationships are the go to.

• I think its very important to date around and have diff., relationships with people . that's how you really know what you want . there is no such thing is THE ONE . but there is such thing as finding a person who is good for you and you being good for them .