Im looking for a guy like this... am I being too picky?

I know this sounds so bad... but I'm looking for a guy who likes baseball, likes to fish, and knows how to bbq. He must also have a great sense of humor and be loyal. Its also a plus if he like spending time outside and having a few drinks with me while watching any type of televised event such as boxing, basketball games, or anything from the voice to movies. Also, he must have a good head on his shoulders and have a good career. Also its good if he likes to be intimate just as much as I do lol but also knows that its not all about that. But After waiting so long, I'm starting to realize maybe I won't ever find this guy. But I can't seem to open up to a guy who isn't this. I know somethings wrong with me. I swear I'm not a stuck up person. I just want someone who we can enjoy our lives together doing things we have in common.

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's the thing. You can't help what you are attracted to. So are you being too picky? Not at all! BUT, that being said, I bet you'll fall for a guy with some of these qualities. He may not have them all but that won't matter once you fall for him! When it comes down to it, there's never really a check list for what qualities we look for in a significant other. Sure we can have plans and be looking for certain qualities like you are. But once we meet that special someone, they may have faults or may not be everything we expected. But its still WAY more special than we expected, and ends up being a blast anyway. So don't worry so much about your plans, just live your life and wait till you meet that awesome guy! Hope that helps :)

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• That's not THAT picky at all...!

I'm not trying to generalize that much...but the hobbies listed sounds like an average guy! lol except for the humor/loyalty/intimate part. That depends on personality. I don't know what you consider is a good career but most guys will find something that's better than fast food, grocery store stocker, or a janitor when you're in your late 30s.

To me, you're type of man sounds like a typical 'country' middle-class American guy with the baseball, basketball, fishing, outdoorsy stuff, sports watcher, and bbq'ing. I'm canadian so replace all sports with hockey and take out fishing and I'm good!

• you know you just described me and every other guy I know right?

• Really? It seems so impossible to find o:

• really? the only thing you would have to worry about is the loyalty part.. but you would have to figure that out as you go... but yes you just described every guy unless your looking in the wrong places

• Check for all of the above darlin... Im nathan and i ask my self the same questions when it comes to finding love... But im willing if u are to see where it goes with us...

• no because you will reject that guy if he was not model looking

• You're not being picky.

You just like a guy who fits you perfectly.

What Girls Said 8

• Alright, I'm going to talk to you from experience.

I grew up with super high expectations.

I didn't have my first kiss until I was 16, because I wanted it to be with a perfect guy.

I ended up finding one on a cruise ship. We made out. I was too inexperienced and got freaked out by the whole thing.

You may find the right guy some day, but don't be afraid to test the waters and get experience. You don't want to be blindsided when you meet Mr. Right.

Also, you have to ask yourself, are these things really important to you? Or are you standards keeping you safe from having to meet someone who could be intimate enough with you that you'd have to be vulnerable and uncomfortable with them sometimes?

Those were my issues.

Good luck.

• Sounds like you want an "all American" guy.

Why don't you try dating a country boy?

• I tried talking to one, those are the ones who have the pretty lies and break your heart easy lol but look so good doing it ha ha but yeah I mean I don't know I guess I wouldn't mind it if they also have things incommon with me.

• Really? Most of the country guys I know are honest/hard working guys that don't have time for Bull. Perhaps living in a small town, there really isn't any space/time for lies?

You're prefferences aren't wild and extreme, it seems likely that you would be able to find a guy like that. As another person said, even if you can't find the whole package, really what guy doesn't like to AT LEAST BBQ and watch tv? lol

You should also join outdoor group actives. You're sure to find someone there.

• That's not picky, that's just your type. I think that if everyone wrote a list of things that characterize a person they would want to date, it would be longer than they are willing to admit. You know what you like and that's okay. Why would you bother wasting your time with someone who isn't right for you?

• I don't think it's good to have a list of the things you want in a guy. Sure its good for him to have some of the things you want, but it's hardly what they're into. It's all about chemistry. I bet you anything you'll fall in love with a guy who's nothing like that lol. But hey! I could be wrong.

• Never settle for something/someone you aren't passionate about. Your life is too important to spend it with someone you don't think is perfect for you. I say find that guy, I'm sure he exists somewhere.

• I wouldn't say picky, but rather too specific. The problem with that is, If you're looking for someone that meets a list, then your odds of finding him diminish, but it's not 100% impossible.. so good luck with that. :]!

• No you're not too picky. Lots of guys fit that description. You just have to find them.

• There are guys like you've described. The type of guy that you like would fit into these categories/stereotypes:

All-American

Country boy

Redneck

Traditional

Depending on what part of America you live in, this may or may not be hard to find. In the Midwest or South, this is like 70% of the white guys. If you live somewhere like NYC, that may be harder to find.

He will probably have a blue collar job or be in the military.

You are not too picky and you shouldn't apologize for it. You simply like what you like. There are tons of guys like this, I think you'll find one :)

• I don't agree with that.. I am in the military. and I'm from NYC.. and I'm like that... all my friends back home are also like that. we still go fishing and bbq in ny. just mabe not as much