Do guys REALLY like tall girls?

I'm 5' 10" and sometimes I feel as if men (even men taller than me) don't like tall women (even if they are a couple of inches taller) and they are turned off by my height. When people tell me about how models are tall and how I should feel good about it, it makes me want to say that in real life I see tall men with short women (nothing against short women) or short men and short women (rarely tall women and short men). I even hear people say that tall women are masculine and how they aren't feminine at all. I'm very feminine but I'm really tall. So why are men of all heights more inclined to date a shorter woman?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm really short . . and I wish I was taller. & that's definitely not true . . I know plenty of guys who like tall girls. One of my really tall guy friends wants a tall girl because he's like 6'5 and it's too much of a hassle for him to have a girl shorter than 5'8 lol. & I have a friend who's about the same height as you, and she gets plenty of the guys. & plus you guys have dem NICEEEE legs ;) lol. It honestly really depends on the guy. You just haven't met the right guys for you yet. But, there are a lot of guys that like shorter girls better I think because it makes them feel really masculine. But, if they like YOU, they will not mind your height.

Soooo, you just embrace it gurlllll ^-^

What Guys Said 7

• I'm 5'10'' and I would date a girl my height. I don't find myself attracted women that are shorter than 5'5'' so average doesn't really do it for me even though I'm only average..

Guys want short women for the most part because short is feminine and guys can be very insecure about women same height or taller than them. I know that for girls the taller they get are more lenient than most women about their man being taller or much taller but in general women like taller men so it kind of goes both ways.

Best of luck to you!

• Shorter women makes us feel more dominant when they're with us. Tall girls are fine, no problem at all, and I personally love their beautiful long legs, but if I had to choose I'd go for the short (Asian) girl.

• I love tall women. I like them more than shorter women (nothing against shorter women, I like women of all heights). But I am a short guy and most tall/taller women won't give shorter guys a chance. So even though I like tall girls I have to sadly date shorter women. But I still love tall women.

• Yes, I do. I have been attracted to women all of heights. I think that Elena Delle Donne (WNBA player) is very pretty and she is 6'5. I would have no problem dating a tall girl, but I find that most tall girls want a tall guy and I am only 5'6.

• I like tall girls but over 6 feet is kind of pushing it.

I'm in a similar boat as you. I'm 6'4" and it's so odd to me that short girls usually show more interest in me than tall girls. which I just don't get.

• You're already beautiful.

Most men will date you.

It's not a turn off if you're tall.

• no, we don't. It's a huge turn off for a girl to be as tall as that

What Girls Said 0