Preppy girls only (ages 16-25), what do you like for men to wear everyday?

I wear a lot of bright colors. Is this something that classy, elegant, fashionable girls approve of?

I tend to wear a bright dress shirt under a V-neck sweater with a tie, and dark chinos and tassel loafers or slippers. I usually try to have one piece of striped attire (i.e., the tie or shirt). Sometimes I wear bright socks with my brown loafers, sometimes no socks. I have a rope anchor bracelet that I wear. It's sort of a New England style. Some of my ties have little pink whale patterns and such.

I recently bought a pair of navy suede loafers with bright red tassels. Is my style in guy fashion the equivalent to a lady that dresses like Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl (look up her fashion if you aren't familiar)?

Classy ladies, is this what you like to see a guy wear? Be honest! If not, what do you like?

Thank you much,

Shane

There are pictures of my style on my profile.
My main question is this: are you attracted to my style more so than any other clothing style?

Most Helpful Girl

• Warning: I am not a preppy girl. You, however, should be open to all types of women.

I prefer a guy who dresses more casually. Someone who always appears perfectly dressed may seem stuck up or unapproachable to me. I like a guy who wears jeans and a tshirt. A bonus to this is that I can see what a guy is into based on what is on his tshirt before I even talk to him.

Bright colors are honestly a turn off for me. I don't mind them, but it sort of makes the guy seem too feminine for my liking and can really distract from his personality.

That being said, you should dress in a way that expresses who you are, not in a way that females will fine most attractive because that's the best way to find a girl who is similar to you. Any girl who is into you solely based on what you wear is not the one for you, my friend.

What Girls Said 7

• I am not a huge fan of sweaters over a dress shirt all of the time but it can look very cute in certain outfits (but you should try to mix it up!). I love anything in this vein on a guy

link

link

link

link

link

• I would like my man to wear whatever he is comfortable in wearing, but I like baggy shirts on guys and a pair of loose shorts or jeans.

• I think you have a cute style.I like that style more than others, even though I am a fan of neutral colors as well.

• Oh my, oh my the answer is yes! I'm mostly attracted to clean cut, preppy guys. You truly have style and a girl who doesn't like a preppy guy is out of her mind. I love a guy in loafers & boat shoes!

• Dress like that sometimes, but for the casual preppy look I like when guys wear button up Columbia PFG shirts, or Ralph Lauren polos.. With like khaki shorts or colorful shorts.. And sperrys are fine. Just mix it up !

• Preppy girls eh? Well, I can't answer this question. Thanks for the 3 points.

• Oh gosh, I glanced at this for a quick second and only saw, "I wear... elegant...v-neck... dress". I had to do a double take.

• still funny :D

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds fine.
    I would recommend a haircut, I mean, you're not 13, right?

• Preppy girls only? Ouch...That's kinda mean dyt?