How can I tell if someone smokes weed?

I have a suspicion that my brother smokes weed, but I'm not sure. What are some physical appearances that suggest that someone is smoking? I'm also planning to search his room (which I know is wrong!) for things, so what is something he might have in his room?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would rather him try a bit of weed than go the alcohol route, but that is only my opinion. Physically you may not notice anything except for red eyes or the odor of pot. Perhaps you try the old fashion way and just ask him?

What Guys Said 8

• You really can't tell. Anyone can smoke and you'd never tell unless they were really high right in front of you. If you have malicious intent, just stop and mind your own business, let him do what he wants. (Well, unless he's really young; while there are few negative effects of it, heavy cannabis use under the age of 16-18 can have some negative results, though not too major).

If you want to chill and smoke with him, then just ask if he smokes.

• They'll be high as fk like I am now lol ! Is his eyes red ? Look at his eyes and he'll be talking weird if he does ! My eyes are always red !

• Why don't you just ASK him if you can have some instead of snooping to steal it?

• His big smile and hand deep into a big bag of chips might be one hint

• You'll notice changes in his behavior.

• Why don't you just leave him alone there Cathereine Chandler.

• I would contribute to this question, but you remind me too much of my snooping, privacy invading family... It's his choice, you have no idea what can happen after you begin you're morally wrong nosyness. I literally wanted my family dead for a while, a part of me still hates them. So many arguments, opposing veiws and fights... At least it helped me loose my mind.

• they'll be high.

What Girls Said 6

• Just ask, he'll probably tell you.

Honestly it's not that big of a deal and I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I used to be opposed to it but not I don't see a reason why to get upset about it now.

Uhh bongs, pipes, grinders, lighters, bud.

If someone's super stoned you can tell but it's not always that apparent. Smelling it on them, and you can taste it if you kiss them but that's not going help in your case hahaha sorry.

• There are no physical markers to indicate someone smokes weed. Red , glassy looking eyes is really the only thing that could indicate that they have been smoking marijuana. But red eyes can mean a lot of other things, too.

.. Why don't you just mind your own business? I'd have to have a sister like that.

• "hate* to have a sister like that."

I agree and feel the same way...

• A change in his behavior

Red eyes

Eating a lot

The smell of pot on his clothes

Makes you lazy an unmotivated

• Mainly if they just smell like it.

• get a life. Would you want someone snooping through your room?

• I would search his room too. How old is he? You can smell it on him, if he's acting different like skipping things that are important to him or skipping school, work or class.

• He's 15

• normal age to smoke weed! let him be

• Maybe for you not for someone whos going to make something of themselfs.