Guys- do you care how a girl dresses?

I take time to dress well, and my style could be described as feminine and classic. I wear clothes that fit well, aren't obnoxious, and don't cover me up like a nun, but don't reveal too much. Do guys notice, though?

From what some people say, guys don't really notice clothes. But is it that you don't care about the clothes but you care about the package (her overall appearance with the clothes)?

like I know girls who wear sweats everyday, or dress in loose t-shirts and jeans and wear plastic rainbow bead necklaces. Imagine these girls faces and bodys are average- and tell me- does that style turn you off? or on that she doesn't care/ wants to look different? do you prefer when a girl dresses well?

Most Helpful Guy

• Somewhat. I mean, I like a girl that dresses well. But lately I really like girls that cover up their bodies, like wear sweat shirts and generally a little emo. That being said, I dress in fairly expensive clothing for work (Italian and Hong Kong tailored shirts and pants).

You dress the way you want to dress and look. You will attract the right kind of guy as oppose to a scum bag.

What Guys Said 4

• Clothes go far in making the woman. Personally, I'm most attracted to a woman dressed simply in a red hat. Anything more is overly ostentatious and counter-productive. This outfit is both inexpensive and highly alluring, so what's not to like?

• Lmao in a high school!? XD well, that's one way to get a prom date...

• meh, it really doesn't matter. As long as she doesn't try too hard for attention.

When girls dress for attention, it really shows.

It's more attractive if a girl wears what they want

• I care, although it's not the most important thing, I appreciate girls that wear nice fitting clothes and make an attempt to look good.

• When I was in my teens I didn't care so much what girls wore, but now that I'm in my early 20s I'm really starting to see girls on campus as more desirable if they are dressed well (nice shirt and jeans, maybe heels) as opposed to the standard college sweats and t-shirt/north face jacket. I think it projects a certain image or standard for yourself that you actually care about what kind of image you are projecting. Plus, dressing well is a heck of a lot more flattering than sweats.

What Girls Said 3

• I always notice I get more compliments and catch more eyes when I dress well. I have a really cute friend but she dresses in weird stuff, plastic beads and stuff. I think she is cuter than me but when we go to the mall or to lunch or anything I am always the one to get hit on by good guys, the only guys that seem to hit on her are the creepy weird ones and even then they are still kinda hitting on both of us.

• I know plenty of guys who care about the way a girl dresses. I think a girl that dresses well has an advantage, but there are some guys who care more about how the girl looks in general than her clothes. Mostly guys who are into clothes put more emphasis in how the girl dresses.

• we all know those girls that make heads turn..i don't think guys particularly pick out one thing 'omg! did you see her blouse?' but rather its everything together that just fits so well, and the confidence that carries the outfit.