If you are ugly and totally unappealing to men how do you get respect?

I am totally unappealing to men. No guy would ever like me. I know this, I'm over it. I just want to be respected now. Like, how nice guys are to really pretty girls. They respect them and open doors for them and such. I don't care if they think I am ugly and don't like me but I still want to be respected and not treated like a piece of trash just because of how I look! How can I get some R-E-S-P-E-C-T?

Thank you

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly, you need SELF RESPECT. Your negative self image shows that you don't respect yourself enough. If you don't respect yourself, how can you expect others to?

Almost anybody can be attractive to some people, especially if they act as if they're attractive. Whether you're very fat, have unusual features, are disfigured have a strange voice etc. you can over-ride it with attitude!

Make an effort to improve yourself wherever you can, get involved in things that interest you, especially if they bring you into contact with other people. Treat others with respect too!

Concentrate on the things that are already good about you (just as we all have faults, we all have virtues!), show this side of you to the world.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• No woman is totally unappealing to men.

You're doing yourself an injustice with your reasoning. Get more self confidence, more respect for yourself and men will respect you as much as they respect another girl. If you don't value yourself, others will not value you.

• I don't only show respect to people that I'm attracted to, I hold the door and all that other stuff for everybody (in the military it's expected that you hold the door for other people when filing out of a building)

• the undertaker (mark callawa) once said respect is earned not given... this is very true...you can't just demand respect, you gotta go through different obstacles in order to gain it... some say intelligence is the best way to respect others say not giving in to sex on the first date is a sign youve earned it, all depends on the person

hope this helps

What Girls Said 4

• Personally, I think that it is all in how you portray yourself to others. Have confidence/respect for yourself. Others will pick up on this vibe and in turn give you the respect that you desire. Furthermore, down grading yourself by saying that no guy will EVER like you is terrible. Everyone has good points. Whether it be appearances or personality. Believe me, I have dated many HOT guys, and the one thing that I have learned is that the old saying about "looks being only skin deep" is so true.

• Some guys respect and some guys don't trust me I donl[ know why but what I really want to tell you is an unappealing person comes from the inside not the outside and what makes you think that you have to have a pretty face to be all that that's not true. I mean I donlt think am bad looking but in the other hand guys just don 't come up and talk to me I got over it in time but anyway you seem like a Cool person don't think of yourself that way.

• Respect yourself! Stop thinking of yourself as ugly. If Whoopi Goldberg, as unattractive as she is can get a man and have children, there is hope for you jk. There is someone out there for everybody. beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There could be a guy right now that is attracted to you but you are never going to see him if you think of yourself as a girl that no man could ever like.

Carry yourself like you are worthy and you will find that you will most likely get treated better. Don't think that you are "less than" because you're not a top model. And if someone treats you like you're trash, call them out, don't let a shallow guy shape yourself esteem.

• Confidence demands respect. Be more confident and people will notice. If you are confident in yourself others will be too.