Why are so many girls so fat?

Seriously, I see so many girls at university who would be really good looking... if they lost 30 pounds. What I don't get is--looks are way more important for girls than guys.

Because, face it--guys need game, and to know how to act with girls.

Girls? They need to be pretty and sweet, maybe.

So why are so many girls so fat? And more pressingly, not just ugly girls. I look at these girls in class, and so many fat girls would be great looking if lost like 30 pounds. And what's scarier is, how many of these girls are overweight at their prime in college, so how many of them will be cows when they hit 30? People usually *gain* weight later in life when they're cramming some white collar office job, and they're at the best when they're young.

To be fair, the fat male slobs in classes look like pathetic losers as well, but the fat girls who would look really cute bother me more. I just don't get it. It takes a lot of eating to get 20-30 pounds overweight, and a lot of these girls look like they were probably really cute before they blew up like balloons.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because our society trained us to be sensitive to them and that they need to learn to accept who they are so we tell girls to love all the extra meat they have..in fact, maybe 10% guys like the extra weight.

the only reason anyone should be over weight should only be medical related...all other reasons are us making excuses to be...

i had a conversation with someone last night, he said 4 girls raped a guy. I said, he must be proud to tell his friends. the guy said, no way...those 4 girls were around 200 pounds...

• Society is sensitive to fat people? Shit, where do *you* live? Where *I* live, fat-shaming is the last bastion of socially accepted, quasi-bigotry.

• Thank you for best answer

What Girls Said 19

• Maybe the "fat girls" feel okay with how they look. Maybe they are happy with the way they are and aren't really worried about pleasing people they don't know. Maybe it hasn't even occured to them that their appearance is offensive to you. Or maybe it has, and they just don't care. Maybe they figure they will run up on someone who won't mind that they're packin' some extra poundage. That could be it, maybe. I don't know, it's just a thought.

• It's not about pleasing other people, it's about taking care of your body, about self-control, like that. I don't keep my place clean because I have guests over--I keep it clean because I can't stand a mess. Also, being obese really hurts your health.

• Let me make the unfortunate fact abundantly clear.

Fat people show that they lack self control, and lack the discipline to even take care of their own body. If a person cannot take care of even their own body, what do you trust them to take care of? That's part of things like why a fat cop is scored, mocked, looked down at by citizens.

• Is there an amount of extra weight that is okay? Not ideal, but not offensive? Because I sort of agree with you when you said "If a person cannot take care of even their own body, what do you trust them to take care of?". SORT OF. I don't neccessarily think that someone who likes cookies a whole bunch is incapeable of being responsible in other aspects- but I *do* get your point. I don't think that's just for fat people, though.

• a lot of it I think comes down to routine and comfort in that. lack of physical activity is kind of becoming a norm in college and not many people continue to be involved in sports and things like that. stress also causes added weight and people tend to lean towards comfort food more often which are usually high carbs and sugar. there is also a lot of drinking in college which can be doubling or tripling peoples daily caloric intake and depending upon the person, they could be drinking on a daily basis. baggy hoodies and sweatpants also allow people to feel even more comfort in their added weight because they don't truly face it. Girls are often told to be happy with how they look and accept it and that theyre gorgeous regardless of the weight, which I think is true also, but once it gets to be a health issue then I think it should be taken more seriously. your waist in inches should never be more than half your height in inches for health reasons, forget how much a person "weighs".

• Being overweight is becoming more acceptable in our society. I find it is as if people are beginning to believe that being about 30 to 40 pounds overweight is what is healthy. So they think that they are at a good weight and no one who knows better will tell them otherwise because they do not want to hurt their feelings.

• Ummm, douche question man. Seriously though. A lot of girls would LOVE to be thinner, and no matter how much they diet and work out their body type/metabolism/genetics just do not allow it.

I, for example, would LOVE to lose ten pounds. Being 110 again would feel great. I have tried every cleanse and diet that you can think of and I exercise like 5 times a week. It's not my lack of discipline, it's just my biology.

Not all girls can be perfectly model thin.

• I'm not talking about model thin. I'm talking about just decent shape, not perfect. You, one can look at your face and see you're in decent shape. You might not be a model, but you're not pudgy, that is clear. What I don't understand is girls who are blatantly fat, like 30 pounds overweight. And I'd note--most guys AND girls would happily join in in saying how fat guys are slobs and need to work out, haha. Why are we cutting girls extra slack?

• I think it's because the cultural ideal for women's body type has fluctuated extremely, whereas it's stayed almost the same for men. Guys are "supposed" to be relatively fit and at least somewhat muscular. This is the same as it has been for pretty much ever. Girls on the other hand, are different. Right now, attractive is 5'11'' and 118 pounds. Fifty years ago, it was 5'2'' and 140. Fat girls = a lot of guys are into that. Fat guys = not many are into that. Sexist? Yes. Reality? Yes.

• Why is food so tasty? There's your answer lmao

• Ok, so I try not to be angry with you and try to reason. Many people are fat due to lack of exercise and not eating healthy. Not everyone have great genes and even those who are naturally skinny need to work out and control what they eat, trust me I know.

So as a conclusion, they are fat because they probably don't know how to make healthy meals for themselves, don't workout or don't really have the genes for it thus making it really hard to loose weight.

• When you look at Europe, or heck, a lot of people who live in cities, the gene argument is pretty weak. The other part you described is simply a lack of brains (not eating right) and a lack of self control (not having the discipline to balance what they eat with how much activity they have.)

• I'm not upset, just wondering. And I'm fit enough, I'm 5'9" and wear 32x32... still, it's not good for a nation to be so obese. For one, it shows so many Americans lack the discipline to even take care of their bodies. Another, it has widespread health problems. Another, it is estimated it would severely handicap us if the USA had to draft soldiers for a real war... the list goes on and on, an obese nation is not good. You wouldn't like it if all the guys were Peter Pan men, would you? :p

• I guess so. For me the weight is not so important. I mean I am not attracted to very fat guys as in obese guys. And at the same time, guy has to have some meat on his bones. But my current object of lust (if I may say it like this. Not sure, though :D) is on the skinny side. He very artsy and thus not interested in the fitness world at all. I have dated a wrestler, who was much more muscular. But I feel you.It is important that people take care of their bodies. :) Obese nation is, as you said, bad

• here are a few factors you have to keep in mind:

the freshman 15(for a lot of people its the freshman 20-30)

and the fact that biologically girls bodies keep in fat more easily then guys bodies

• Do you know how hard it is to get and keep a good body?

• yes, actually. I do a ton of running and some weightlifting.

• For the same reason so many guys are fat

• Why are so many guys fat?

• I think they just lack discipline. They don't think about it, or they don't care, or they try to rationalize it that it's bad genes. It's pathetic.

• Superficial bastard.

• I'm guessing you are grossly unnattractive :p Try a cosmetic suregeon.

• Well I live down south and plenty of guys will still date and marry women that are fat. It's not like a pressing matter where you would have to change to get the guy you want.

and no offense but judging by your pics, you're not really the hottest of the hot guy yourself

• Judging by how many compliments I get, I'd say I'm a solid 8, haha. :p link That, and I've had close to a dozen people tell me on their own how much I look like Ryan Reynolds, lol. To top it off, I don't have a fat gut, lol. Care to show your pics?

• Because its hard! At least for me it is..actually no it's not I don't mind the running or eating healthy.

I've done it in the past but the problem I would say since its not like quick results.. I work my ass off and it feels like I can't ever get under 170! It's like a set weight.:/

• Um...why do you care? If you don't find them attractive then don't date them. I'm so sorry overweight girls don't live up to your standards and you have to look at them but I'm not really sure that they care. Why should they care what you think?Your skin is pale in that pic. Why do I have to be blinded? Why don't you get a tan? See how stupid it sounds?

• best answer!

• The problem is, appearances reflect on the person and, in fact, matter.

• I think I have already argued this point when I explained to you that your judgments based solely on appearance could be completely wrong so this is why one would have to actually interact with people to find out what they really are about. But it's obvious that you are grasping for straws trying to have the last word on this thread so go ahead. You can have it.

• in your dad jeans...accompanied by a belt...and a tucked shirt. be nicer

• I don't get it. And those are my jeans, I wear rustlers and faded glory. So, I'm dressed nice, and that means...?

• lol it means...check your style before you check their weight puddin.

• I'm still missing your point. I'm dressed in decent casual wear, better than most guys I see around college wearing ratty shirts... should I dress awful to fit in? Or am I supposed to wear a dress shirt and suit...?

• Its a vicious circle. And I can only speak for myself.

I was teased all my life about being overweight and that caused me to become clinically depressed. The depression caused the over eating as that was the only way I could be happy.

Looking back now, I wasn't even fat. Society if f***ed up and people made me believe I was something I was not.

Now standing at only 5ft tall and 130lbs, guys at my college will not go near me because I'm "fat"... In what way can 130lbs be fat?

So many posts on here have said laziness and its that theyre okay with their body. Its not.

Its just that they are being told by so many people that whatever size they are.. If they are not under 110lbs then they will never win.

So they give up.

• It's because they're too lazy to exercise and eat right.

• Maybe she is just happy and secure with herself and her body, ever think of that a**hole? We live in this screwed up society where being pretty means being skinny. News flash- beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So stop judging people, be nice, and life will be easier for you.

• Sorry, but beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, and being obese is not good, period. Being "secure" in that is like some 30 year old nerd being secure that he works as a pizza delivery driver and lives at home. Oh, and most guys over age 15 know that when you stop being nice, life is easier and a lot more fun!

• wow, you know I really feel bad for you and your warped sense of things. just because society sets standards for beauty and weight or whatever, does not mean that they are in any way true. clearly, society has brainwashed you into thinking that everything must be a certain way. and actually, being "secure" is feeling comfortable in your own skin, and having confidence in yourself. also, girls prefer nice guys. if you really feel this way, then maybe you have some "security" issues.

• Actually, it's male instincts that say that slim women are a ton hotter than fat women. It's like arguing whether size A boobs are better than size C boobs. 98% of guys, aside from chumps trying to proclaim, "Look how I'm not like the other guys who want sex!" will immediately say size C boobs are better, haha.

• I can't answer for other girls, I'm sure there are any number of reasons.

Personally, I gained about 20 pounds my first two years of college that put me in the "overweight" category for BMI. It was mainly because I was studying a lot and working but not making time for exercise, and my diet was crap. It was easier on my wallet to eat cheap, prepackaged/ramen type foods or cook pasta and warm up some sauce. I was overeating with the stress too, and not paying it much attention. Way too many carbs, not enough protein and veggies.

Another thing was my eating and sleeping schedule was screwed up. I wouldn't eat anything in the mornings, eat empty calories at lunch on the go, and then eat a big dinner at night, study/work, and crash. I didn't get much sleep either, making me feel tired and unwilling to expend much energy. The bad diet probably contributed to the lethargy I felt as well.

I turned it around the end of sophomore year and started exercising and eating healthier, and an increase in pay and budgeting helped, plus managing my time more efficiently and prioritizing my activities. Now I'm in better shape than I was in high school and look and feel pretty good about myself. I was honestly not so concerned with looking good to get guys, it was more like I felt terrible and had to change it, but the new attention was a nice side-effect.

• Ach, you're talking about the freshmen 20. Or maybe I am and just didn't realize it for a few minutes...

• We call it the "freshman 15" but yeah, basically.

What Guys Said 3

• It's probably the area you live in. Some cities, states, countries, or whatever, have higher rates of obesity than others.

• Some girls just gave up on dating life that's why they look as what they look now.

• And there are just so many girls that are attracted to fat guys...