Is she overreacting?

My girlfriend dragged me to the mall to go shopping with her (it was really boarding). We were there for probably an hour of her trying stuff on. She tried this dress that made her look fat when she asked me what I thought about it. I said it made her look like a fat pig. She didn't say much until we got home. She yelled at me and we started fighting. I ended up sleeping in the guest room hearing her cry the whole night. I wasn't sure weather to ignore it or to talk to her about it. But she told me that she wanted me to be more honest with her. Is she overreacting

Most Helpful Girl

• You CAN'T be serious. A fat pig? You have to be the stupidest man on the face of the earth. Didn't your mother ever tell you it isn't what you say, but how you say it. Try using some tact next time. Say something like, "I don't like that one you, the other one looks sexier." I call you out as a troll...NO MAN IS THAT FREAKING STUPID. If you are for real, no she isn't overreacting because I would have punched your face out. Nice job playin on her insecurities, I hope you don't want sex ever again because she isn't going to want to get naked in front of someone who thinks she looks like a fat pig. FAT PIG...my lord...

• You are amazing, sweetaspie. She is 110% right. Did you really think she would be ok with that? good grief

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 17

• LMAO fat pig? "Fat" wasn't enough? :p

She might be over reacting, because she asked you to be honest with her in the first place.

But regardless of how small you think the issue is, DON'T ignore her feelings.

Obviously she couldn't handle the truth. And now she is crying about it.

Talk to her. She needs reassurance from you. Let her know she is not ugly, and you will not leave her for another pig, I mean, girl. All she wants is for you to reassure her, and apologize for what you said.

Right now, she probably feels insecure.. like a "fat pig". But some kisses, and "you are beautiful", should kiss the pig syndrome away.

Next time if you think she looks fat in something, don't comment on her body, just say you don't like the dress. Or say it doesn't flatter her curves.

• OMFG lol WOW! I'm really laughing right now that was so mean when she said honest she didn't say be brutally honest jeeez. Everyone here already told it like it is so all I have to say is no she is not over reacting you are under reacting you really thought her saying( so how do I look in this? And be honest..And you saying oh you look like a fat pig then she says oh ok thanks I love you for being honest hahaha I don't think so id be crushed you got some making up to do and you just laid their and listened to her crying? Wow that's messed up.

• Women are like this. It is extremely difficult to figure out what to say to a girl about how they look. It is tied to their self-esteem. It wasn't her though, it was the dress. The dress was wrong. It's hard to go shopping with a girl. You need to say stuff like that doesn't flatter your breasts and things like that as opposed to being rally general. You're probably not used to looking at clothes. You can't really tell people they look fat, ever, I've learned, female or male. You learned this the hard way. I'm really sorry about that. I have learned the hard way too. My old roommate was fat, and it was extremely hard for me to lie to her and tell her that she wasn't that fat. She had a lot of problems with eating. A lot of girls won't eat in front of people because they are that self-conscious about their weight. With my boyfriend, I have gotten him to go to school which means that he walks more, I occasionally will bring him/make healthy food, or take him to healthy food restaurants. I bought him emergen-c which is a healthy pop substitute which has a lot of vitamin c in it, which helps you lose weight by cutting down the amount of fat you absorb. I also got him a cleanse because it was free. Eventually I think we will work out together too. There are small steps you can do to help her lose weight without telling her really what you're doing. Tell her how beautiful her eyes are and how sexy her legs are, and how pretty her hair is, whatever features turn you on. She may not accept those things, but as long as your genuine it helps.

• first of all, you shouldnt have said that. hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and you should not have said it that way. you could have said it nicer, like when she asked you you could have just said "i don't like it". being honest doesn't mean you should hurt someones feelings. us females don't like being called FAT either. you wouldn't want someone to say "those pants make your dick look small" would you? its the same difference.

• Not really.. You insulted her and hurt her feelings.. She felt unattractive I mean who would want to be with a fat pig. You should have just chosen better words like "I don't like that dress on you" or "you look better in others"... You should be careful with what you say. But that's kinda funny saying she looked like a fat pig haha but if it was me I would have gotten mad too. I think.

• Lol I can't tell if this is a joke or not. If it isn't then she wasn't overreacting and you're lucky she didn't have it out with you infront of everyone. wow-if I had a boyfriend who called me a fat pig I would have hit him infront of everyone. That's a cruel insult-idk why any guy would say that to his girl.

• Why would you say it that way that hurts . Its good to be honest but not in that way you should of said -no baby not that of the dress is ugly something else besides that so go tell her your sorry and buy her something nice make it up to her. {bad boy} LOL

• Wow. I seriously can't believe you said that.

If you were with me you'd be dead. lol...

Now all you can do is try to fix it. which will be hard to do

go in and talk to her and tell her sorry and that you were stupid to say something that incredibly terrible. and that you know that you sounded like an ass.

Grant it taking back Fat Pig is going to be hard, and it'll probably be taking some time.

• Let me answer that with a question of my own. If you felt like you had a small penis and wanted to know if your girlfriend thought the same -which answer would you prefer if indeed you was small ,"Yeah it doesn't do sh*t for me" or "Yeah but I am not with you based on the size of you penis " ? The truth hurts especially if it's put bluntly. So yeah you was right for telling her the truth but wrong for putting it into words like "fat pig".I am sure however, that she will get over it and everything will be just fine between you guys. Oh yeah and good luck:)

• HEL* NO what the heck is wrong wiht you you should never say this to a girl and even worse YOUR GF!? what were you thinking she has the right to cry aall night and you you should feel really bad and she's not over reactting

• DUDE! not cool. most girls aren't sensitive about their weight. not saying that you should lie to her, but come at her with more respect than just calling her a fat pig. no body is perfect. that was down right dirty.

• yes she is. I would thank you for your honesty. enough guys aren't like this and thyre sweet talkers.

she shouldnt ask if she don't want the truth.

but maybe be more polite next time and say chubby or somethin haha

• were you dropped on ur head as a baby? REPEDITIVELY! seriously WHATHE!?!? be more gentle bout it next time, how would you like it if YOU were called a fat pig?

• this is obviously made up. no guy in their right mind at least would come straight out and say that to his gf.

• You are an insane idiot.

You could have layed it easy. A simple "That isn't a very flatterig dress" or "You could find something better" or suggesting another item would have been a fine way to go. she would have gotten the idea. You idiot. That's your GIRLFRIEND you are talking to. IShe is totallynot overreacting. You are an insanely insensitive, socially impaired guy.

• You said it made her look like a fat pig? Wow that was your girlfriend. How did you think she would react? What the hell made you think it would be cool to say that to her? That is a really cruel thing to hear especially from your boyfreind who is supposed to care about you, I can only imagine how she felt. She's not overreacting, you crossed the line. Say you don't like the way the dress looks on her or suggest something else but don't attack the poor girl. Honestly you're lucky she is "overreacting" like this, if that was me I would have talked about you having a small dick and insulted your sex skills in front of everyone to see how you like it.

• dude...there are better ways to say things like that...that doesn't mean dance around the bush but maybe saying something like "i don't think that dress is exactly flattering on you" wouldve worked perfectly. she wouldve gotten the point and an argument could have been avoided. as tough as we act sometimes, for the most part we are very paranoid about our looks. you can be blunt and truthful with out being cruel. keep that in mind

What Guys Said 7

• Well, you officially have no tact or social intelligence. She is not overreacting, she is reacting normally and you are still being a jerk. You need to apologize in a major way and resolve to learn the right way to say things, e.g., "I don't think that flatters your figure". But if this is a for real post, I think you either have a lot of growing up to do, you are just plain mean, you don't really like her that much, or all of the above.

PS. If going to the mall was like going boarding that would be totally awesome. I would never be bored in the mall again.

• Dude she will never ever ever ever ever forget this... she will have a complex forever. Unfortunately, you are officially an abusive boyfriend... You had to know that was going to hurt her..

• Couple of lessons here:

1. Never go shopping with her again.

2. When she was cryign all night you should have gone into her room, said nothing and just held her. She wanted you to do something.

3. What exactly did you expect her to do when you said she looked like a fat pig? Did you really not see some kind of drama coming here? You could have said you did not like the dress without calling her fat.

4. Women want to feel close to their men, that is what they mean by honesty. She would not want you to lie about anything big you had going on in your life. But did you really think honesty means calling her a fat pig? Give me a break man!

It does not sound to me like you want to be in this relationship. You complain that she drags you places, you insulted her, you sleep in separate rooms sometimes. I think you want out so you are sabotaging it.

I am having a hard time believing that you genuinely did not see this fight coming, I think there's something else going on here.

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! that's freakin hillarious I must say! you must be mad to clal her that hahahah oh dear oh dear.

• Um, no. I don't think anyone would react to a comment like that with a smile. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be called a 'fat pig'. But I'm not. You're lucky she didn't throw you out! Just exactly how would you feel? Things have a way of coming back to you, one way or another.

• YOUR AN ASS!

• I have got the PERFECT article for you.

link

I know this will help if you keep an open mind.

Best,

Brian